After spending some time at my parents house tonight I am totally obsessing over riptides! Kent will probably miss this sentence due to the huge eye roll he is inevitably performing at reading this...
But seriously, the beach we were supposed to go to on our last day, a 50 year old woman drowned at. And we were literally just down the beach. And the next day, 4 teenagers had to be rescued from a riptide just a few beaches away. I think my parents said there were like 11 or 16 total rescues that weekend...lets go with 16, it seems more fitting to my fears...
I just keep going over and over the pulling sensation I felt while standing in the ocean that day, and thanking Heavenly Father that nothing bad happened to us. It makes me sick to my stomach...so I keep looking up pictures and facts, and knowing that no amount of education would keep me or my kids from panicking and drowning. Kent would be fine, all cool as a cucumber and such...or so he says...
Amy and Lisa and I attempted to hang out with all the kids today at Amy's house. Let's just say it was less than wonderful. Amy made at least 3 kids cry, only two of which were hers, Colton came home and had to write 50 times "I will not hit anyone in the face" and Aubrey and Addy cried on more than one occasion because Carson felt more than justified to inflict bodily harm. It was a peach of a time. And I left feeling overstimulated. I would have given anything to be sent to my room...it was just too soon...
On a brighter note we had a chance to video chat with Kev and Nat and the kids...I cannot get over how big they are getting! We miss them tons...hopefully we can get the laptop mic working so they can actually hear us when we skype...Kent's phone worked at least...
But here's my question, why do phone cameras always make me feel like there is no amount of make-up in the world to help that mess looking back at me? Does my skin really hang off my face like that?...and you can only make the kids stand in front of the camera for so long...why do they make you see yourself anyway...thank goodness Nat must have felt the same way because eventually, after the kids had all gone she just called me old fashioned style...
Pictures....
guess he only made it to 43 before scouts...
This was the treacherous, riptide filled ocean at Nelscott State Park...the day we almost went to D River...
I totally think these two munchkins had the right idea that day...there is never an outcome we can't overcome so Addy can watch netflix on my phone...proper shade is always required so we made a make shift tent out of towels and beach chairs...because who needs chairs when you are out tempting fate in the currenty ocean....

3 comments:
Your second day of blogging and your humorous blogging is back like it never left. Every once in awhile you should include pictures of my kids and stuff since I'm probably never gonna blog again. Like the pictures of Jason floating out to sea.
Glad to know I'm not the only paranoid one in the world. I want to go to the beach... oh wait, we have a beach 5 minutes away... maybe we will be paying it a visit, if the weather cooperates. It's either dumping rain or piss hot... and it's a whole different hot to say the least.
Oh and yes I TOTALLY 100% agree about the skyping thing... I kept thinking what the freak, I know I don't have makeup on and my hair is in a ponytail, but death who is this nasty creature I see lurking at me in the corner of the screen?? I even felt the need to explain myself as to why... like I never roll around makeup less!! haha (oh and by the way the deathly pale face was due to a bad time of month... sucks the color and life right out of me...)
Post a Comment