I feel like crap. I hate having a cold...but when your husband has one, and your kids have one, chances are you are gonna get it too...
Today when the kids got home from school, Colton came running down the sidewalk, leaving Aubrey behind. I'm hoping it's just because he saw me and Amy and her kids outside. Either way, Aubrey was all kinds of mad that he left her. She through her backpack down, and turned around and started walking the other direction...which oddly enough did not deter Sophie, Carson, and Addy from running after her anyway...I finally had to call her home, and she came stomping all the way...and went straight upstairs yelling down for all to hear "Fine! But I'm Not Playing With Anyone!" ...thankfully a few minutes later, she snapped out of it, but not before she stomped downstairs, grabbed a paper and some crayons, and let me know she was going to color by herself upstairs...and she was taking these crayons with her! Diva...
Dinner time reared it's ugly head again tonight. This time it was bow tie pasta with spaghetti sauce. Colton cleaned his plate, but Aubs refused. And she was not budging. Long story short, about an hour later her dinner was still sitting there, waiting to have a bite taken so Aubs could make her peanut butter sandwich. Finally she must have gotten hungry enough, because she resigned to the fact that she had to take a bite, but now she wanted me to reheat it. I politely refused. And she cried. The saddest, cry I have ever heard. And she begged. "Please Mom! But why? I said I would it eat it, I just want it warm...please...please...please..." and all the while my insides were in knots while I tried to stand my ground. Finally I conceded that if I heated it up, she had to eat the whole thing, no sandwich. You could see the relief spread across her face, and then the conditions caught up with her...and she was sad all over again. I know I shouldn't give in, but I dare say anyone of you would have caved if you saw her face and heard the despair in her voice...I just kept seeing my mom and dads face in my mind, saying "Rach, come on...just heat it up this once..." Seriously, it would have broken even the coldest heart. So, in the end I told her if she ate it cold, I would make her sandwich. Win win right? Too bad I think Kent just thinks it's win-lose, at least that's what I gathered from the disdainful nod he gave me when I told him what I did...there goes that heart 2 sizes too small again...
Tonight when we were watching tv we heard a kid on the stairs way after bedtime...I called out "what kid of mine is out of bed?" and I cracked up when Kent said "You better go check, in case it's the one that can't talk"
It's 12:47, and we are still up, because Kent decided at 11pm that he wanted a apple-rhubarb pie. So we made one...it's not quite out of the oven yet...
Picture...
Addy painting a picture the other day...I was outside painting some clip boards, and when I wouldn't let her help she threw herself on the sidewalk crying...and since I like to reward out of control behavior, I went and got the easel out and set her up with some paint of her own...
Friday, September 23, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 1:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Everytime I read your blog and you talk about how aubs says something mean or bratty my jaws drops all I can think of is no way sweet precious little aubs could ever do that...sorry but I must turn a blind eye to her misbehaving cause I don't want to believe it! Lol
I like reading you blog. I think you won the pasta battle..because at least she ate it in the end! :)
Post a Comment