Saturday, September 17, 2011

Signed-when my dad mentioned I hadn't blogged in awhile. I had a bit of resolve to start again.

Sealed- Stephanie sent me a text today that said "Pretty sure my life sucks since you stopped blogging"

Delivered- later tonight I had a comment from Mallary... "Did you die and nobody told me? I sure hope not. I check your blog everyday with the hopes of finding a laugh or two, but alas, everyday meets me with disappointment. Please return to the blogging world soon. I miss you."

Kent even said something to me...and he doesn't say much...

I kept meaning to blog, but every night I was so tired and I actually had so much to blog about, that I just kept putting it off...then before I knew it, days had gone by.  And then I wasn't quite sure where to start.  Do I try to fill in all the blank days?  Do I skip all of the stuff I had wanted to write about?  What I could remember of it anyway...So many choices...and making decisions is so not my thing...

So, maybe I'll do a short briefing of the things I can actually remember...and remember, it's late...

Let's go way back, like back to my birthday...not the actual day of my birth, that's like 31, whole, old years too far back...

Denice took my kids all day.  As in 9:00am to 6pm.  I know right?  She offered, and I accepted...

Because of this kind, gracious act, I was able to go out to lunch with Amy, Lisa, my mom, and my grandma.  I had a great time, and loved the presents my sisters got me. 

I had some of the most amazing facebook comments, like Alicia's list of thirty one things...

The day after my birthday, we had a yard sale/ family reunion at my house.  I have never had so much fun having a yard sale.  Ever.  It was a yard sale of epic proportions.  And when the people came up to pay, there was a huge line of all of us.  And by all of us, I mean Amy, Lisa, Mallary, Katie, Danielle, Sarah, Me, Grace, and Addy...and sometimes Josh.  After we racked in our almost $700 collectively, Amy, Josh, Danielle, and I went out for some ice cream at Dairy Queen.  Even the car ride was fun.  And then Amy spit smoothie all over everyone.  And Josh didn't look like he thought it was very funny to be wearing the smoothie that had only moments ago resided in my sister's mouth.  And that made it even funnier. 

No worries, after a great Friday and epic Saturday, Sunday did not disappoint.  Sunday brought a toothache, that no amount of Tylenol and/or ibprophen could dull.  So Kent took me to the dentist, instead of church.  And I had my tooth pulled.  But not before Kent let me know that it was really immature to wait until Sunday to call the dentist and make him go in on his day off.  So sweet.

But, all was forgiven by Tuesday when him and the kids came home with a few birthday presents for me.  I am now a very proud owner of an iPad 2.  Awe yeeeah....Basically I get to play words with friends on a jumbo screen...I'm still learning...so that, plus my favorite birthday cake made for a very great day. 

It has taken over a week for my mouth to stop hurting from my pulled tooth...I have been popping ibprophen like candy.

Seriously, I keep getting a whiff of something gross, but when I smell around, I can't find the source.  I'm gonna go nuts....

Lat weekend Ryan and Steph came into town to celebrate Mavericks birthday with all of us.  The highlight of the weekend for me was hanging out with Steph, watching a good movie, and snuggling with Lily on the couch.  She is seriously the best baby ever.  I'm gonna be so sad when she doesn't want to be all snuggly and sleepy anymore...

Apparently Aubrey spends her recess with Lydia chasing Colton and his friends...I keep encouraging her to play on the toys, but I think my efforts are for not...

We have had a few instances lately, where I think to myself, 'good thing she's pretty'...like when I was trying to help her name words that rhyme with 'tree'.  She just didn't seem to get it...

Colton has been doing awesome in second grade.  But of course, he's itching for a bit more freedom, which I am so not ready to give...when we were practicing his spelling words I was putting them in sentences for him.  the word was brother, so I said ' brother.  I would like to have a brother'  and as he wrote his word down, he said 'well, I really do!'  He is currently obsessed with an upcoming trip to the mall to buy a Mariners hat like his dads.  And the other day, he was telling me about a kids outfit, and how he had skinny jeans.  Then he asked if maybe he could get some too sometime...I hope I'm not raising my children to be superficial...maybe I'm sending the wrong message when I tell them they can't wear something because it's ugly...

Addy is Addy.  Aubrey came upstairs crying, said Addison didn't like the chips she gave her, so she threw an apple at her and hit her in the leg.  She throws everything, and continuously tries to jam her chin into my legs, arms, wherever...and it really hurts.  She's a beast.  She's watched Rio so many times she's starting to 'sing' along with the songs and imitate some of the scenes...Kent and I took her to the mall with us the other day and when we walked by myfroyo,  she insisted on going in and getting some yogurt...I couldn't believe she recognized it...

Colton lost another tooth.  He bit into his taco, and it just popped out.

Amy brought a smile to my face today when she told me Spencer got in a teeny bit of trouble at school when some girl he doesn't like said she was popular, and he said to her 'yeah, stupid popular' and she told on him.  It's one of those things, that you randomly think about again later, and it's still as funny as the first time you heard it...

I know I have more stuff to write about I'm sure, if you were a part of something you thought would make the cut and it didn't, forgive me.  It's been 3 weeks since I last blogged, and it's 1:30 in the morning...and what the h is that smell in my house!? 

Picture...

I recently did a collage of pictures of the kids in my family room.  I totally had to do a picture of Colton from a few years ago, because every picture I have of him, looks something like this...or even more dumb...


Mal- I'm not sure my 2 am ramblings, will have provided the laugh or 2 you were in search of, but thanks for the encouraging comment...

Steph- I hope this makes your life suck a little less...if this was less than you expected, give it a few days, I'm sure Aubrey will provide me with some excellent material...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

You're back! I seriously thought you died too. Glad you are all caught up!

Steph said...

Oh thx a mill...I'm def feeling better now!! That's so funny everyone was saying something to you I love it!

Joshua said...

Aaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddd, we're back!!!

1. I'm glad you aren't dead.
2. I would have checked to see if you were dead... if it wouldn't have totally made me look as though I were obsessed with your blog or something.
3. I would have phoned, commented, emailed, texted, or chatted you an "I-miss-your-blog" message begging you to come back had I totally believed It wouldn't have made your eyes roll at me in shame.
4. I'm so glad I made the cut.
5. Welcome to the world of Apple products.
6. RIght now I want to smell that 'something gross' thing you were talking about, and then, I don't.
7. If the smoothie were a JambaJuice, I TOTALLY would have WELCOMED Amy's spew.