Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh my gosh Tommy Boy is on right now, and I don't think I have gone more than 20 seconds without laughing hysterically..."it's not so much here or here...but right here..."

Saturday we slept in and then headed to the Market.  We almost didn't make it, and when I told Colton we probably weren't going, the disappointment on his face was awesome.  I say that with nothing but love in my heart...I am over the moon that he loves to go.  It's one of the only things all 5 of us love to go do together.  After that we went and visited my grandma for a bit.  Then we headed to Easton's baseball game, and on the way we tried out a new taco truck.  I can just imagine all you hand washing people gasping right now...anyway, it was the taco truck in the parking lot of the Super Mex grocery store.  And then Aubrey had to go to the bathroom.  Like ASAP.  So into the Mexi Market we went...good thing I remember 'banos' from high school, and we found the bathroom no problemo.  And yes, every other customer stared at us as we walked through the isles...and the tacos were legit.  So delish...

Next stop Target.  I promised the kids we could look through the whole toy section to get ideas for Christmas.  Every isle Addy threw something new in the cart.  She was most attached to Eeyore, so he came home with us. 

Later on we took the kids to my moms and went and watched Moneyball with Steve and Lisa.  Seriously great movie. 

But by the end of the evening our family fun weekend emploded...ain't that just the way it goes...

Today at church Addy of course was the kid under the table during the lesson, running around with snack in her mouth...but be still my heart when she tried to sing the Wheels on the Bus and Fun to Do.  Listening to her sing "to do"was stellar.  But on the drive home when Colton and Aubs were singing Wheels on the Bus with her was the absolute best.  She even did the motions and knew what verse was coming next.  And that's saying a lot for an almost mute...

This evening at my parents, Lisa and I sat outside playing Monopoly on my iPad with the little propane fire pit turned on.  It felt so good to wear jeans and a sweat shirt, and feel the crisp air on my face.  It was a nice change from sweating my arse off sitting outside.  And then my mom dished up warm apple pie and we all ate outside, in the dark, with the cool air, and I beat Lisa, which made for a perfect ending to our Sunday.

I watched the series PanAm tonight, did anybody else?  I kinda liked it...I think I will find myself watching it again next week...

Picture...

every time we are in the car I have to threaten her with whatever I can, because for the love, she will not keep her hands to herself.  She bugs Colton til he is about ready to snap...and when she's called out, she denies it like nobodies business...saying stuff like "what?!" like she has no idea what we are talking about...


Every single Sunday she wants to wear this dress.  And I let her.  I always wonder if other moms are judging me, silently wondering if she has anything else to wear, if they think to themselves, 'spend $10 and go buy her another dress already...'  anyway, I decided to go with the 'who gives a crap' mentality.  If it makes her happy to wear it every week, then she will get to wear it every week until she changes her mind...at least it's cute, and not totally heinous like this dress she picked out once with dogs all over it...

0 comments: