Monday, September 19, 2011

Today when Aubrey and Colton came home from school they both walked straight into the kitchen, grabbed a gallon of milk each and stood in the kitchen and started chugging straight from the jug.  Seriously?  Who does that?  I never remeber telling them, 'hey don't worry about using a cup, just help yourself to a big swig'...

Addy has a cold...her "unk" sound she makes in between saying mom and Aub, sounds even more ridiculous.  It's like its muted kinda, cause her nose is stuffy.  She is either super mad, or throwing herself down crying.  And if Kent even looks at her she's pissed.  Last night she woke up like a million times, and something tells me tonight isn't going to be any better.

I'm all worked up trying to redecorate some things in my house.  The seasons are changing again, so of course so should my decor.  Every time we transition from warm to cold or cold to warm, I get the itch to change things up.  I blame this on my mom and my sister.  It makes me think of the saying "we were cut from the same cloth"  It drives me nuts til it's finished, but once it is, I'm always way more motivated to keep it clean...so it's all totally worth it...

Addy's been pretty snuggly lately.  Again, I am amazed at how well she communicates without actually talking.  She has perfected the act of pointing, pulling, patting, anything she needs to do to get her point across.  She'll pull me over to the couch, climb up, say mom about 10 times, and pat the seat next to her, then when I sit down she links her arm with mine and lays her head down.  I think she is cleverer than most, because when she goes through all that work, and makes me feel kinda special, I sit with her way more than the kid that just asks you to and accepts when you say 'just a minute'

Picture....

So Amy showed me this thing on this blog or something, that was all about taking 3 different pictures of the same situation or activity to give it a full perspective to portray the story or whatever...so this is what I came up with...can you tell what's going on? 




I can't remember now what this was all really about...but I was smart enough to get permission from her before I posted another angry picture of her...

p.s. Josh and Dennis I hope we're still friends...maybe we should spit on our hands and shake on it...

4 comments:

Amy said...

I never know what to comment after such a witty post full of laugh inducing statements. My typical boring responses, seem, well, boring.

Just know that I read a few parts aloud to Jason and he laughed too.

I wanna be in on the whole hand shaking event if it all goes down, I just may have to pee first.

Dlovesocks said...

Yea, I can tell what's going on and I feel like I'm in as big a trouble as Spencer is! Please don't ever take a picture of my mad face!

Dlovesocks said...

I forgot what I was going to comment because I got sidetracked by your mad face pics. Are you kidding me, do you not know where the kids got the idea of drinking out of the jug? Just watch their dad from around the corner when he doesn't know you're there!

Alicia Leppert said...

Yeah, we had to put a quick kibosh on that one the first time one of my kids pulled it. Bill has done this our entire marriage and he always said he'd stop if it ever became a problem with the kids. Ell, that time came, he had a little chat with the offender, then proceeded to continue doing it himself. Still does.

So here's the scenario: Spencer is sad, embarrassed, and a little demoralized because he has just told Amy that when he grows up he wants to be a cruise ship singer. Amy is obviously furious, telling Spencer that he could do so much better than that, like, a lounge singer, or the next Jazz Singer! But spencer's not having it, he's all about the cruise. So Amy gets her mean mom look on and says "fine, then I'm taking all your superhero stuff off your walls and you're gonna have a lame, ugly, undecorated room like Payson has.

Wow. That was intense. Thank you for being willing to share such a personal, private moment with you.