Friday, September 30, 2011

The last few days Amy and I have been running our own personal pillow sweatshop...We always get on these kicks, thinking 'hey, let just throw together some new pillows, boom, new room'  Holy cow, I feel like I spent hours over there and I have 2 pillows that aren't even all the way stitched up.  Dread.

So, the morning after Colton got yellow for his behavior, just as he was leaving for school he said "and don't worry mom, I have a plan so I can get purple!"  The look on his face was classic, he was so sure of his plan.  I was so proud of him.  He has yet to get purple, but he has had blue the last two days.  Seriously so proud of that kid.  The other day I bought an ap called Math Bingo.  Dead serious, Colton is like a math wizard.  After playing it for a little while he moved on from addition to multiplication, which by the way I have to call 'times' or he doesn't know what I'm talking about.  Any way, I was trying to explain to him how to multiply, and it just clicked for him.  All of a sudden he was all like 'oooh, so the second number is how many times you count the first number?!'  Yuh-huh.  Any way, he has been practicing a ton.  He even gets a sheet of paper out and writes down the equation, and then when he figures out the answer, he writes it all out...best 99 cents I have ever spent...

After school today Colton was getting in to a little bit of trouble.  Nothing huge, but for the love, if he interrupts me one more time, I am going to sew his little mouth shut.  Aubrey was the star of the situation though.  She played the role of the 'good child' so well it was almost scary.  She was so helpful, doing things for me before I even asked, helping out with Addison...I mean don't get me wrong, I ate it up, but oh my goodness, she is a clever one...Tonight it was her turn to say the family prayer, she started, and Kent stopped her to remind her to close her eyes.  She of course insisted that she couldn't.  She decided she was physically incapable of shutting her eyes.  Huh..so I told her, we would just skip her turn for tonight...then all of a sudden she said she would try...when I peaked to check on her, I had to to try so hard not to laugh because she had her one arm folded across her chest, and her other hand covering her eyes...that girl kills me...

Pictures...

So these are my 2 new pillows...I made the flower one, and Amy did a kick-@#$ job sewing piping for the first time ever on the navy polka dot one.  And the flower one, yeah that only cost $3 to make..I know, I'm amazing...

 
Tonight the kids brought home flowers for me.  When I asked Kent what made them pick roses, he said Colton said they look the 'most similar to tulips'  and that was probably a direct quote, because I have noticed he has been saying 'similar' as of late.  My cup runneth over...seriously the sweetest, most thoughtful thing ever...

What the h?  Why did I just see a commercial for Martha Stewart's pet line?  With hand crocheted dog toys.  For reals?  What hell-o kitty does she know about pets?  She has tapped into virtually every market there is.  When will she start making her color coordinating pads and tampons?  With different pattern choices....

6 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I know I shouldn't focus on the negative but I'm not even kidding when I say I almost started crying when I saw you guys were making pillows and didn't invite me. Then when I saw the picture and saw you made THAT pillow, the one I pinned on Pinterest that I absolutely have to make (that I'm pretty sure Amy commented on so I know she knows that I wanted to make one), well, let's just say me and my chemically imbalanced self right now didn't take it too well.

But, I should be a good friend and say "super cute pillows!" No...just can't do it..,

Amy said...

I'll take the upper hand and fix this mess right up. Here goes...

Alicia: I cannot believe you guys made the pillow I've been dying to make!

Rachael/Amy: I know, right? We had no idea we were going to attempt it until we were trying to make one that we saw at Target and realized that we had some material from two years ago that would maybe work. By 1:30 a.m. after hours of deliberations, we realized we had made one just like the one on Pinterest.

Alicia: Well, now that you guys are experts at it, when can we make one for my house?

Amy/Rachael: Whenever you're ready! Do you want to go shopping for the fabric with us again? You'll need a non-fraying material for the petals and lots of hot glue sticks. Let us know whenever you want to make it and we'll do it!

Victoria Sanders said...

Super cute pillows! They turned out amazing!

Steph said...

Omg love your pillows...cutest ever!! You should just whip one at for me while your at it....ps did you get new couches I thought your were lighter...

Kent said...

WOW, this is why I don't read comments.

Alicia Leppert said...

First, Kent--awesome.
Second, Amy--beyond awesome. LOVED it. Totally put a smile on my face. I will take you up on a pity pillow making party for Alicia any time!