Monday, September 16, 2013

I am so premenstrual, it's like I have mood swing whiplash.  My poor, poor family...

Church was good today, it's a miracle I even made it with the hate in my heart this morning...

After church Addy said before I was even all the way in the car "mom, you didn't ask me about my class"  She was pretty excited to tell me about the book she made and all the things she learned about food, and cows, and pigs, and chickens, but not ducks...they didn't talk about ducks...Aubs came home with a cool little baptismal font she made in class...she was pretty excited about it...

After church I went straight to my sweats, put them on, and made the two step trek to my bed.  And I pretty much stayed there until about 5:00pm...Colton came in to bring me some cheese and crackers and started an interesting conversation with me...he told me he had noticed this dog, that had a sack thing right by his private.  I told him it was the dogs balls.  He kinda laughed and thought for a second and said, "well Jett doesn't have any"  I told him it was because Jett was fixed.  Obviously the next question was 'what does that mean?'  I said, "Well, you know how it takes a boy and a girl dog to make puppies?"  He nodded..."well, the stuff the boy needs to help make the puppy are inside his balls, so they cut them off, that way he can't make puppies"  Needless to say, him and Aubrey were both sicked out by the end of the conversation...Aubrey went out to the kitchen and told Kent we were talking about dog balls...never a dull moment...

A little later, still in my bed, Addy comes in and sees the crackers..

Addy: Oh mom, I want some cheese and twattahs
Me: There isn't any more cheese in here, you have to go ask dad, and he might say no because it's almost dinner time...just ask him if you can please have one little square cheese..
Addy(out in the kitchen): dad, mom wants a cheese
Kent: well, then tell mom to come get one
Addy: mom has a headache and she said she tan't det up

She didn't skip a beat.  Those lies slid right off her tongue, no hesitation...heaven help us...the funny thing with stuff like that is, I'm torn between being worried about her being such a good liar, and being proud of her for being so quick on her feet...

Tonight Kent invited Taryn and Vik and his dad over for the football game.  It was super fun hanging out and eating.  I ran to Josh and Sara's to borrow some eggs to make cupcakes...Aubrey stayed there, and in the ten minutes I was gone, a huge storm was brewing.  I got out of the car back at my house, and this huge, crazy, brown cloud was across the park in Kennewick.  I told everyone to come out and look, and as we were all standing there thinking holy crap, you could literally see the visibiltiy diminishing...we ran inside just as the wind, and dust, and rain hit...it was full on crazy, to watch it all happen...and the thunder and lightning lasted for forever...

A little while later I went to pick Aubrey up, and Danielle and Dennis were there.  Emery yelled "Chaycher!" when she saw me...after a few minutes I headed home and was struck with such a love for the blessing of family in my life.  I had one set of family at my house, just hanging out, and I just left my cousins house, who I grew up with, and his sister, and their kids, and I was thinking about how close we all live to each other...I never would have guessed in a million years Josh and I would end up living in the same neighborhood, just a few blocks apart...and that I would be going to his house to borrow eggs, and we would have daughters the same age, at the same school, and Danielle would live right here, and I love Emery like she is my niece...I was feeling full of gratitude for my family, and how very blessed I am...

In Addy's Red Riding Hood book, the one we have read a million times, it mostly says 'the wolf said...' and 'Red Riding Hood said', but there is this one part that says something about the door being 'open wide, Red Riding hood, don't go inside!' and every single time I read that part she asks "mom, who said that?" I always tell her we did, but she never seems satisfied with that answer...but I'm not sure how to explain what a narrator is...

BH & G Baby Book

Intercourse

Medical authorities usually advise that couples abstain from intercourse during the second and third months of pregnancy at the time when the wife usually has her period, for there's a greater tendency to miscarry then.  Intercourse shouldn't be indulged in at all during the last two or three months of pregnancy.  At other times it's quite alright in moderation...  

-too bad one of the inconsistencies this book would have with a book from 2013,would be referring to the pregnant women as 'wife'

Picture...

We spent our Friday night watching Mrs. Doubtfire, with Kent stripping the door in the kitchen...

 

This was from the storm tonight...about 5 minutes after I took this, we were in the middle of it.  It was crazy how it sucked up all the light...


2 comments:

Dlovesocks said...

I'm lying in bed in our hotel, reading your blog and laughed so hard about the dog balls! It was so funny I had to share it with John, who said it was funny but wasn't laughing out loud. Like I was. No sense of humor, that man. And the cheese and crackers story, I my, addy did it again! Super hilarious!

Natalie said...

Too too funny Rach!!! Thanks for the great laughs today!! Sorry about all the email notifications... You need to come for a storm out here, they are so much fun and crazy intense! We miss you guys... ALOT... oh how I wish I could come over and play games, watch movies, visit, and eat yummy snacks...