Why is being tired like some permanent state of being for me? I did my biggest loser work out today and then danced my arse off to Run the World by Beyonce...and hot damn, my back is killing me...might have to put that booty poppin' on hold for a bit...why am I so atrophied?
I hung out at Denice's pool today with Danielle, Anna, Amy, and Lisa...it's amazing how less crazy it is with only a couple of younger kids. Denice served us diet coke and watermelon, and then we got my mom to bring us pizza...which in Karen language translates to pizza, soda, and cookies...the kids swam, and colored with chalk, ate...it was a super nice day. At one point I found Addy and Conley upstairs watching cartoons with Denice while all the other kids played...and then literally the second I had everything cleaned up and hosed off, everyone had just left, Addy and Conley came down in their suits again. It was a total 'are you kidding me right now' moment. But I channeled my YOLO and let 'em swim again. Denice came out and we visited for awhile, then we went inside and visited some more...and I didn't even get home until about 5:00...
Today on the car ride home Addy was trying to show me the book she made at school..."look mom!" Me, turning around, like a lane check look, "yeah, cute!" Addy-"and mom, look at this, we drawed it all by ahselves" Me- "cool, I'm just gonna look when we get home, cause it's not safe for me to look when I'm driving" Addy- "otay, but you just did" Touche my friend, touche...
I love evenings when Aub's little friend Mkayla comes over and they run back and forth between houses playing, and eating dinner at eahother's houses...even when Aubrey tells them she doesn't like the kind of noodles they have and their mom makes her a corn dog, and Bobby, Mkayla's older brother walks home with us to see Addy's new haircut...they are great kids, and it makes me feel like Aubs gets to have a bit of what a childhood should be...until it's dark at like 4:30 and we are stuck inside...I hate when the days get short.
Tonight Aubrey asked Addy if she could have some of her candy, Addy said "No, betuz yuh not beautiful" Not wearing the right jammies can have some serious repercussions...
Reading with Aubs tonight was not working out so well. I ended up asking if she just wanted me to read, she said replied with an expressive Yes! I tried my best to have her follow along, and we had a fun little chat about e's making the letters say their name when only one letter is in between them... the funnest part of all the time spent reading was looking for more words with e's all over the page.
I ended up reading 2 chapters to Colton because our book is really getting good...and maybe a little bit because Aubs was brushing my hair and rubbing lotion on my feet...it really was a win win...
Colton keeps coming home with all these multiplication work sheets, and every so often he'll ask me for an answer, I say 'I don't know' and he gets all frustrated, tells me some reason why it's ok if I just tell him the answer, and I have to tell him, no, it's not that I don't want to tell you, I really don't know, as in I have no idea what 6x7 is anymore...guess it's not just my muscles that have atrophied...
Mallary- I want you to know how much I love reading your blog. I love it with my whole heart, all the way to the Burg and back...like it's my souls frozen yogurt...your stupid, I hate you...and that means a lot, because I say that about everyone I'm jealous of...dang brilliant blogger...
I'm too tired for a baby book quote...
Picture...
When I got home tonight, I found Colton doing this...first time ever...I watched as Kent made him go back and forth in the same spot at least three times until he got all the grass he missed. I thought to myself, either he's gonna hate this, or be a really good mower by the end...and he's already asking if he can get paid to do it..apparently he's confident in his work...
and yes, my yard really is that ghetto...I hate it...
So this happened today...note to self, Annie Sloan is a skank. If paint directions ever tell you to turn the can upside down and then shake, it's because Satan himself wrote the directions. It. Was. Everywhere. All over my jeans, the floor, the chair, my rug...and all I kept thinking was "that's $40 in paint all over my floor. $40!!"So i scooped up as much as could, rinsed the crap out of my jeans, and scrubbed the floor...only signs left of it is the super white grout lines on the tile, an extreme contrast to the color of dirt it is everywhere else...
1 comments:
1. It was a super fun day having y'all here and it cured my sad I'm all aloneness. Thanks!
2. Seeing Colton mowing the lawn....when did he get so big? I showed him the pic on the blog and he kinda looked embarrassed. He's a good boy!
3. Oh your paint story is so sad! Can't believe it was all over! That would make anyone exhausted!
Post a Comment