Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Miss Congeniality is on tv tonight, still one of the best movies ever...April 25th, because it's not to hot and it's not to cold, all you need is a light jacket...

Today after Addy was eating her swanich, I found her with the IPad of course, laying on Otis's bed with him...I really do find her in some of the oddest places...she really does love her dog...at The Bookworm the other day I saw a book called Goodnight IPad, it was a play on Goodnight Moon, but it was all about our electronic gadgets.  I think I'm putting it on her Christmas list..

Tonight at dinner it was just Colton and I in the kitchen.  I was asking him about school, what they did today.  He told me he had Science and that the sun is going to explode some day and we will all freeze to death.  I told him that science is really cool, but sometimes science and religion don't believe the same things.  He responded, "what's religion?", so I explained what religion is and talked to him about how I'm sure scientifically, the sun could explode, but that I believed Jesus would come again before it did...way before the sun explodes.  We talked a little about the millennium, and Satan being bound for a thousand years...he asked if he was ever bound before, he mentioned he really only has one Mormon friend, named Marshall.  I told him how it's good to have all kinds of friends, and that the most important thing is to always treat people kindly, and to stick up for kids being picked on.  And then I was like, wait a sec, Payson is your friend!  And he gave me the ole, 'yeah but  he doesn't count' look...guess Payson's been around long enough he's like counting family...I asked him if he knew what is was to be gay, he said no, but he hears kids say stuff like, 'that's gay', and then assured me that none of his friends ever say it...that made me smile, he is good at picking friends...and making friends...I asked him if he had ever heard anything about sex, and he made a face and said no...then I asked him if he would want Kent and I to talked to him about any of that stuff and he gave me a no, real quick!  If only it were that easy...if only, I could be like, 'ok, cool. some other time then..' We had a super good conversation, and I loved having even a little bit of one on one with him, just sitting at the counter talking and eating, no distractions...I love that kid with my whole heart.

There was a routine on So You Think You Can Dance tonight about 2 brothers, and one is struggling...it made me think of our talk, and how innocent Colton is now at this very moment, and how it makes my heart hurt to think of the challenges that will be thrown at him...the dancer's movements made me think of a boy that might be into drugs, or someone that struggles with any kind of addiction, and can't seem to get his head above water...it totally scared me for a minute...the future can feel so uncertain and overwhelming sometimes.  I hope I can teach my kids to love the gospel. 

It made me want to go crawl in bed with my kids and hug them tight...tell them I love them, and Heavenly Father loves them, and knows them...

But of course, I sat there...it was the finale!  I had to see who was going to win...but I have a new resolve to tell them as much as I can...to be the kind of mom that will leave my kids with an absolute certainty that I love them with my whole heart...

In less life reflective moments of the show, like all the hip hop routines that had me grinning from ear to ear, I sat dumbfounded at the talent of some people...I feel like my talents are like the seed that wouldn't take.  In my lesson a few weeks ago I mentioned having cousins that must have hit every branch in the talent tree, where I just fell straight to the ground...me and my branchless tree...good thing I'm not afraid to ask them to do stuff for me...like 'Danielle, can you make me this', and 'Mallary, give me a price for fabric, I want some gingerbread cupcakes and a quilt, stat'...and 'all of you come sing to me'...

I made Aubrey her eye appointment today.  She can't get in until Oct 2...I asked her if she wants reading glasses and she said yes!  Glasses are so much cooler now...I just hope we can figure something out and we can get her reading level up...I was quizzing her on her spelling words tonight, and she could spell every word but the ones with u's.  She could spell came and make, but she couldn't spell rug or slug...I feel like there is a missing piece to her reading, and I am determined to find out what it is...if we don't she'll end up some young pretty blonde pushing her boyfriend in his wheelchair saying prenups are a waste of paper...just kidding, she's smart!  I get my sarcasm from my mom, it's a good way to handle stress...and you always make fun of the ones you love, that's what true love is...that's why we laugh so hard when they fall or get hurt... 

Lately I've been feeling like a square peg in a round hole with my calling...I'm trying to be positive, but...uh, that takes so much energy, and I am perpetually tired....like being tired is just my natural state of being...

I want some chocolate...the kind that makes you skinny and your skin clear up...ugh, why don't they sell anything I want....

BH & G Baby Book

Rest Lots if Nauseated

Rest is quite as important as diet.  Diet does little good unless you go to bed at 8 or 9 o' clock-never later-every night, and you should rest some during the morning and afternoon.  Likely you will be able to do regular house work, but outside activities should be curtailed.  If guests come in the evening, excuse yourself when you are ready to go to bed, otherwise the morning after may be very painful.

As every nausea victim knows, the unpleasantness leaves as if by magic when the three months are up, altho it may recur temporarily if there's too long an interval between meals, or if you become too tired.


You may start taking fish-liver oil, the amount to be determined by your doctor, when you get over the nausea.

During a period of nausea, intercourse should be omitted. (Shayla, that might blow your 'written by a man' theory out of the water!)

Picture....

one of the nights Kevin and Nat were here, me, Nat, and Steph took the kids on a walk...it was a super nice night, the walk was relaxing...it was all good, until the walk back home when the killer gnats starting attacking us all...for some reason, they loved Steph the best...and she was hysterical to watch...and seriously, how cute are those kid?




1 comments:

Mallary said...

For the love, I wrote a comment that was really great on my phone and then it didn't show up. I don't think I can recreate it. So insert funny comment about how cute Addy's words are, talking to Colton about sex, and Abs being adorable with glasses. And that I love your blog, and your jokes, and you.