Saturday, September 7, 2013

So, this morning when I woke up I vowed to myself I would stay awake and be productive.  At first the whole productive idea just wouldn't take seed so I played skip bo on my phone for probably over an hour.  But there was this nagging thought that just kept coming back to me from the other day...I was out on a visit with my fellow counselor and as she was sharing a spiritual message, she started by saying '...when I was studying this morning...' and I thought to myself, of course she was...then I thought what a great idea...maybe you should try it...so I turned off my game and searched the church website, and stumbled upon the visiting teaching message for the month.  It was all about being self-reliant, but the sentence that really took hold was about not being idle...which is pretty much my whole existence.  So, I pulled up my big girl panties and got to work on the gross mess that one might call 'the laundry room'.  It was so full of crap and garbage...but I kept working, and 2 huge garbage bags later, and a couple trips to the garage and it doesn't look too bad....in fact, it looks awesome...not cute, or anything, but you won't want a tetanus shot from walking by with the door open...

And before I started cleaning, I totally did one of my Biggest Loser exercise videos...thank you Bob...and thank you extra for not being as annoying as Jillian...that woman drives me bananas...with all this goodness and getting upness, it was like I didn't even know myself....

Today Addy cut her hair.  Correction on her part, she was cutting out her pony.  When she walked past me I thought she must have just pulled some hair out when she took out the rubber band, but as I was grabbing the few stray whispies, it just kept coming out, like in gobs and gobs...I was totally freaking out.  It took all I had not to start crying.  Some pieces are pretty short, almost to the crown of her head, but those ones seem to have blended back in a bit.  We are going to see Heather first thing tomorrow.  It happened right before the other 2 got home from school, so when they got home she ran and hid underneath one of the dining room chairs.  I was cleaning in the other room and I could hear Colton saying "you're not ugly! And tomorrow Heather will cut your hair and it will be beautiful again!"  Then a little while later when I told her we needed to brush it, she started crying that she didn't want to be a boy, because boys don't have hair, and you have to have hair to be a girl...I'm pretty sure it'll end up being above her shoulders...and it was getting so long, and pretty to braid...she just kept yelling out how she didn't want her hair 'tut', she wanted it longer than Aubrey's...dead end dreams for her...

After school Colton called my mom to see if he could spend the night, and I could tell she must have been telling him all the things she had to do, and he replied "I'm cool with that"...and I just thought, who are you!  Stop being so, not little anymore...

BH&G Baby Book

Your Day...

Let's suppose now that you are one of those lucky women who don't suffer from nausea or any other complaint of pregnancy.  You want to stay that way, and provide a quiet environment, too, in which your baby's nerves can flourish as well as his body.  Here's the regimen that will do it:

Arise, brush your teeth, care for your breasts, take a short walk.

Eat breakfast, go to the toilet (that's a whole lotta gettin done before you piddle).  Relax, take your time.

Do your house work, keeping windows open and going out of doors for as much as possible.

Eat lunch.

Rest for two hours. Wear loose clothes and lie in a quiet room.  Sleep if possible, and try to arrange so there'll be no interruptions.

Spend the rest of the afternoon out of doors if you can.  Visit with friends, or if it's nice weather, sit in the yard or on the porch, sewing or reading.  A foot-powered sewing machine shouldn't be used in later months of pregnancy, but an electric machine is alright.

Prepare and eat dinner.  If tired, rest before washing the dishes.

Spend the evening reading or with friends, but retire by 10:30 p.m. or not later than 11:00 p.m.


Picture....

this was the mass of hair I collected...it was a completely traumatizing experience for me...




3 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh, the hair! I never had that happen with my girls, thank goodness. At least she got the message not to do it again pretty fast. Take a pic of her new 'do for us to see. I'm sure she'll be adorable. Cutting kids hair always makes them look so much older. So sad she has to wait for long hair like Aubrey. Oh, the woes of being the younger sister. You totally rocked that day! You should take the rest of the week off. Okay, so the book passage is totally cracking me up. "care for your breasts"? Awesome. When they say "Relax, take your time." right after they tell you to "go to the toilet" do they mean, sit on the pot and read a book while you take a crap? ;) I didn't realize I had to be pregnant to rest for two hours and wear loose clothing. Totally do that every day. "Try to arrange so there'll be no interruptions." Do these ladies have other kids? Are they rich and have nannies? And what the ?? Why can't you use a foot-powered sewing machine in later months of pregnancy? I keep trying to picture what could go wrong? "If tired, rest before washing the dishes" How about, DON'T do the dishes, make someone else do it, or wait until there aren't any more clean ones left. Did a man write this book? If not, a woman was coerced by a man to do so.

Mallary said...

Shayla pretty much summed up what I was going to say. So read her comment twice, once in her voice, then once in mine. :)

Dlovesocks said...

Oh it just never stops with Addy! Thanks for the pic. Her hair is darling. I miss the kids since school has started. I'm having withdrawals!