Monday, September 9, 2013

I wish I did half of the nice things I thought about doing.  Addy made up this game called Wishing Tree...she tells everyone when it's their turn to go, and everyone just makes a wish...sometimes if you make your wish out of turn she says you're out of the game...every time I type I wish phone texting shortcuts worked on the computer too...

I did my biggest loser video again today.  And I felt like the biggest loser.  It is so depressing to gain back weight you once worked so hard to lose...it makes me want to be a hermit...I think my constant mental comparison to other people is getting out of hand...it's almost all consuming.  Cue the loser card again.

I tried studying spiritual stuff again this morning...I'm hoping that adding some exercise and spiritual reflection will help improve my self loathing...and mostly, I hope to be in tune with the spirit for my family and the people I serve in my ward, and whom ever the Lord would want me to help.  Righteous desire...always a good place to start...

I miss my far away family...every single one of them...especially the ones who read my blog...just kidding!  I miss all of you, in Idaho and Wisconsin...

I'm super excited about Kent painting my heinous front door this week...it's still gonna look like total crap, but at least it won't be two toned crap.  And I'm really hoping I can add a human size wreath or letter, and then put some cute flowers out there so your eyes basically graze over the actual door...just take in the color and all the surrounding cuteness...here's hoping anyway...if anyone who reads this actually sees the door, please, I beg of you, just lie to me and say it looks great...

The other night I was lighting a smelly candle and Addison walked in the room and said "mom, are you dunna sing Happy Buthday to yuhself?"

Today Addy and I bought a Red Riding Hood book, one of her favorite stories.  I glanced at the first page, it was cute, not too many words, and it even rhymed.  Sold.  We  came home and read it right away...and when we got to the part where the wolf ATE the grandma, and then ATE Red Riding Hood, I thought what in the world did I just buy?  Then the woodsman finally came and in his picture he had a sword on his belt and Addy pointed at it and said "mom, he's supposed to have an ax, not a sword.  Maybe we shouldn't buy this one"  The woodsman proceeds to slice the wolf's stomach open and Red and her Grandma jump out.  Then they fill his belly with stones and sew him up.  Then when the wolf wakes up, he tries to run away, but he falls down and dies. Interesting version, and oddly, I kind of really like the book...Addy's biggest concern was not being able to see when they cut the wolfs stomach open...

Last week Aubs and I were walking Lydia home, and she declared her love for a second boy in her class.  She still loves Eli, but now she loves Johnny too...she just isn't sure which one to date!!  Are you kidding me right now?! I almost died when she told me that part...I told her not to worry about it because she's not allowed to date until she's 16.  She guffawed at my response.  Good grief Charlie Brown...

BH & G Baby Book

You Need Fresh Air

The old theory that the expectant mother must eat twice as much as usual has been exploded.  But it's coming to be understood more and more that the expectant mother must breath for two.  Hence it's very essential that you have plenty of pure air.  You should be outdoors in the daytime all you can-in summer, cooking, eating, and sleeping out if possible; in winter, getting out for walks at least.  The rooms in which you spend anytime during the day must be well ventilated, as your bedroom must be at night.

Close and crowded places where the air is stagnant are unwholesome for you and your baby.  Besides keeping your home well ventilated, stay out of public places where the air is likely to be bad.

*this section is right before the section telling you it's ok to smoke in moderation*

I think my favorite part is when it suggests sleeping outside in the summer if possible...

Pictures....

this is the only picture I've really taken of her new haircut...it's stacked in the back, and every time she walks by me, I still just keep staring at it...it's really cute, it's just so different.  But most importantly, she didn't cut too much of the front, so I don't think she realizes how short it is...and she likes it...


this is a shot of some of the damage...it was cut in so many places...and I really was freaking out...

I couldn't find the iPad the other day...those narcissistic ponies were watching their own show on netflix in the castle in my family room...I think Addy would have been perfectly content being an only child..

This middle child of mine asked why Colton and Addy hate her in the car tonight...breaks my heart... I'm going to make her an eye appointment tomorrow...she's been behind reading level a few times, and after watching her hold the book with a larger font so close to her face tonight, I think it's about time we had her eyes checked... 

Amy and I met up at the mall today...these two are hilarious together...at least when it's just the two of them on neutral territory...Aubs asked me the other day why Addy always gets to go do all the fun stuff with me when they are at school...this might be the stuff she's talking about...


 







2 comments:

Dlovesocks said...

I love Addys hair. Of course I'd like to see it in person! I'm dying with the kids in school. I am so with you on missing the family. I can hardly stand it. But I miss my Pasco and kenn fam too because I've hardly seen anyone. School started and the families have disappeared! Can I just start my own blog on your comment page?

Karen said...

I loved how Addy ran up to me with her book...knowing that I was going to be disturbed by the part where the wolf ate grandma and little Red too! I love that she knows what a wardrobe is from our other story and the axman has an ax not a sword! cracked me up:)