It was my birthday this week. 33 years old. Bleh....
It fell on Labor Day this year, so the kids were home and Kent took the day off. When I first got up Aubrey got me a bowl of cereal and a glass of lemonade, as a surprise of course. Then Addy covered me with her blanket for another birthday surprise...sweet girls...
We took the kids to see Planes..it was ok, nothing to write home about....and by the time we got out of the theater it was too late to do anything else, so we came home and I asked everyone to clean the house for me for my birthday present.
Tuesday we actually got my cake and Kent surprised me with a new restaurant for dinner. It was called Steppe something, a BBQ place. He even invited my family and Danielle and Dennis! The food was good, but I didn't really like any of the bbq sauces...but it's always fun to try new places and the seating was outside which was awesome for the kids...and then Kent sawed a bee in half with his plastic knife...and I couldn't eat too much after that...
I forgot to mention Alicia, Allison, Linda, and Eden took me out for lunch too...Amy and Lisa came, obviously, since we are package deal typically...I hadn't had Casa Mia in so long, and it was delicious. The service however was total garb...I really have some awesome friends...
I had a million super nice birthday fb messages too...
After dinner we came back and had cake, my strawberry cake from Desserts by Kelly. It has got to be one of my favorite traditions...
When I was getting ready to go to dinner Addison was riding around on her balance bike singing "Jesus, Jesus...Je Je Je Jesus....I miss you Jesus..." and all kinds of other stuff...I even heard Aubrey singing about how he has done so many things, but the best was creating the world! Seriously, never a dull moment...
At family prayer that night Addison decided she could say it all by herself...she included something about a wind storm, and eating cereal, and some other funny stuff, and me, Colton, and Aubs tried our best not to laugh. After the prayer Kent sent Addy to bed, who went happily because in the morning it was preschool, and talked to the kids about not laughing at Addy. He didn't say my name specifically, but it totally applied to me, and it was just kinda funny because he was on one side, and then it was the three of us, all sitting in a row, all needing the same reminder about reverence...Colton said he was trying so hard, but the cereal part just killed him...
Aubrey has been having some problems with a girl on the bus...whenever I try to understand her story, from finish to start, she always ends up getting super frustrated, and I don't feel like I can get a real read on how she's feeling about all of it...like yesterday she said the girl slapped her on the leg, but when I asked her what she was doing, she said 'just plugging my ears going blah blah blah'...today the girl called her a brat...and I know it's not nice, but it's not like Aubs is coming home crying, or seeming super upset...it's more like she's reporting the events of the day...I should probably just go talk to the bus driver...or teach Aubs how to bring a kid to tears with just a few simple words...I mean, she bites her nails to nubbins, so scratching her eyes out isn't an option...ugh, why is life so hard...
today Addy told me she likes to lay with me because I'm beautiful...is it any wonder she's my favorite?
When her and I went over to my moms today, my dad said 'hi Addy' and she ignored him, walked right past him and said 'hi dwamma' She's such a peach...
I actually exercised yesterday. I went on a walk, and I even jogged a few times...it probably totaled like a whole minute running time...and this stupid mom pushing her jogger stoller, jogged right past me...and she was skinny, and she just kept on jogging...I hate people like that. It's not natural...anyway, today every time I stood up and started walking I thought my arse was on fire...it's stupid how out of shape I am...
Pictures.....
Finally, Addy's first day of preschool...she might have had a mental breakdown had this day not finally come..
She was so stoked to have her picture taken...I took 36 pictures total, and she was smiling in 2 of them. I finally did the whole 'don't you smile' thing...
I didn't get one in front of the chalk board, so I used picmonkey instead...
I had her cute little sandals all ready to go...and Kent had to give her some new Jordans...she wanted to wear her sparkly snake skins...not the cutest things together, but whatever works I guess...
And Marcy snapped this at school...our two bestie's...her and Conley, bosom buddies...



2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great bday! I still owe you a little road trip. You say when!
Seriously. Could Addy get any cuter? Those pictures. Those shoes. That attitude.
Post a Comment