Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fifth Day

Friday June 6, 2008

It rained all day again. But that did not slow us girls down, we all went to do a little shopping. We found some awesome stores, with some awesome stuff, and not so awesome price tags! Holy cow, some of the stuff was expensive. I think the most expensive thing I ended up buying was a $20 hoodie that says Oregon down the side. It was so cold! And of course, I did not leave the house prepared. We ended up in Depoe Bay again, and while we were walking down the sidewalk, we saw some people get soaked by the spray of a huge wave. Right as we were all saying, "Oh Man!" We watched the water bounce in the middle of the street and soak us as well. Did we cry? Did we run inside? Uh, No Freakin Way! We called our husbands and told them to bring the kids down in their rain gear! We are such tourists!

While all the girls had been shopping the guys had taken the kids to an arcade. This is the very spot where Colton found his most treasured possession of the entire trip. Fake Teeth. Ugly fake teeth that he wore all the time. Spencer kept telling him , "I don't like for you to talk to me when you are like that". You see, Colton thinks Easton is the Bee's Knees, and Easton had bought a joke box earlier in the week that had fake teeth in it. I am so glad that since we have been home, the teeth have lost their luster.

When we got back to the house my dad, Lisa, and myself took all the kids for a walk on the beach. We found a cool little stream back up away from the ocean. When I say stream, I mean like it just always looked like someone hadn't turned their hose off! But the kids liked it, and we all know that's what counts.

It was another great day.


Said teeth...Just think he wore them for at least 3 or 4 days straight

5 comments:

Joshua said...

I remember when bees knees was bees knees to use. *flashback*

Ms. Kristen said...

I loved reading/seeing Kents' treasured memories! So funny! I think that gave us the whole picture of your vacation!

I am still finding rocks that Vader brought inside the house! Miss that dog!

Alicia Leppert said...

I love what Spencer said to Colton. I hate listening to people talk with fake teeth in, spitting all over the place. But I have to say Colton is pretty cute with those in. I am loving hearing about each day of your trip.

The Donald said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip. Did you ever find out who the mo ron was who the left the house robbing comment? I mean, I find almost everything funny, but that was just plain dumb.

Rachael said...

I have no idea who the burglar is. But, I figured, everything that mattered was with me on the trip. My kids, my husband, and my laptop. Maybe I should offer a reward for the blogger who finds out who the commenter was....Hmmm...