I have been sitting here for forever trying to figure out where to even start. I love my dad so much, he is seriously all I could have ever asked for. I think because so many random thoughts pop into my head when I think about this post I am just going to make a list....
*I will forever remember, whenever I was in trouble growing up, he would always come and talk to me in my room afterwards. He would tell me the story of when I was born, and how he held me first. I always knew he loved me beyond measure.
*I remember him rocking me to sleep until I was about 6 years old
*I always think he has all the answers, I can't imagine making a major decision without asking his opinion first
*I have definitely inherited his "worry" gene. When I was in High School, and I would ask him if I could go to a friends house, he would ALWAYS say "Uh, no your already home, just stay here." It would drive me insane! But now I know exactly what he meant. When your family is all there, and you know they are safe, you just breathe better.
*Till this day, If I am driving home and Kent isn't there, I have to call him when I get home. I have always known if my car broke down my dad would come looking for me before too long.
*He has provided me with security my whole, entire life.
*One time I went with him to get some new work boots, I think it was in Hermiston, and he bought me a beanie bear, I still have it....I love the memories of just him and I.
*I drove with him to take my brother back to Central one day, on the way home he told me "I think you just talk to hear your own voice" I asked him every question under the sun that day.
*He is the kind of dad that would go hungry because I wanted more.
*He went to bed alot earlier than the rest of us usually did, He would always get up and re-check the locks on all of the doors, you could always hear him coming because his ankles would crack, mine do that too. Unfortunately, when I am getting up in the middle of the night it is isn't to check the doors, it's to get in the fridge.
Truly, this list could go on and on. I am so blessed to have my dad. I don't know what I would do without him. I love him. I know I said that already, but I am just so grateful to have him as my dad. He has taught me selflessness, and how to always put my children first.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
My Dad
Posted by Rachael at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm laughing about your dad's cracking ankles! This was a great list, sounds like you and your dad are BFF. :)
This was such an awesome post. If I was a crier, I'd be bawling. I loved learning about your relationship with your dad. He sounds amazing.
Post a Comment