Sunday June 8, 2008
We started out our day going to a Captain Dans Pirate Pastry Shop. It was decorated pretty cute, but that is as far as it goes for me. The selection was small and the prices were high. And the names, questionable. I had a muffin top. Enough said.
After we finished up there, we headed down to the lake to rent some paddle boats. Once we got there, we scratched that idea and rented 2 pontoon boats instead. The lake, was of course gorgeous and the houses, amazing. It was a little cold, but the sun was out and that was good enough. I think the most memorable part of this little trip for me will be Aubrey and her life jacket. She freaked out. And that is an understatement. She cried, screamed, tried to rip it off, flung herself on the ground, cried, screamed......massive fit. Crazy enough, she finally decided to just get over it.
We went home, had a little lunch, and met Amy and Jason down at the bay. The boys were having a blast, and Sophie threw herself into the sand on more than one occasion. Amy brought a blow up shark and alligator and Colton and Spencer rode them in a puddle. It was pretty cute. After a awhile I started throwing them in the bay and Colton would run after them and save them. He totally could have been on Baywatch. Seriously, one of my favorites things to watch on our whole vacation. Aubrey of course had fun playing in the sand and putting her feet in the water. And her most favorite past time, eating chips and chugging soda.
We were all relaxing, having fun, my parents showed up, more relaxing....and then we went from 4 to 8. Steve and Lisa show up and are number of kids automatically double! Which can only mean double the fun? Yep, it's all fun and games til someone loses the floaty shark(Easton)! But thanks to Cranpa, the Shark made it back to us, we will forever be in debt to him for wading in up to his calves clear across the bay for our $14 shark!
One of my favorite parts about this day at the bay, was watching Colton play all by himself. He had Graycie's bouncy ball and he would throw it as far as he could, run after it, and throw it again. He did this forever. I don't know what it was about it, but I so loved just watching him enjoy something so simple.
The Short Boat(you know, like the short bus!)
The oh-so fun and enjoyable fit.
Once she got over it. I think they look so cute together.
We should all aspire to look that cool just sitting there.
Uh, does anybody else notice what's wrong with this picture?
Do you notice all of the crap we bring with us? That is just a little bit compared to what was actually there. We could have stayed a week.
There is something about them playing together that always makes me smile...
THE BIG RESCUE
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Seventh Day
Posted by Rachael at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, Lisa does look really cool. I can totally picture the massive fit, we live through those everyday here at our house too.
I love all the pictures (especially Lisa's) ;) -- that with your awesome narrating, I felt like I was there. Thanks!
Maybe the reason Aubrey threw a fit about her lifejacket was because it had SPONGEBOB on it! I'd be throwing a fit, too.
Lisa, I aspire to be as cool as you one day.
Post a Comment