Tuesday June 3, 2008
We spent the good chunk of our day at the Zoo. I paid $5.99 for a stupid pair of socks as soon as we got there because I forgot to take some out of my suitcase. When we first got there Aubrey made me carry her and she covered her eyes with her hands. She finally warmed up when she got to see the sea lions swim. The first part of our visit sucked because there were a ton of classes there on field trips. I totally could have punched out a couple grade schoolers that day. It was insane. The polar bears were pretty fun to watch, they were actually playing with some toys and jumped in the water. The Zoo made you pay extra to see the dinosaur exhibit. It was pretty cool, T-Rex scared Colton enough he wouldn't take his picture in front of it with me! We were held up at the hippos because Aubrey would not leave. The hippos just sat there, and she just stared. We would start to leave, and she would run back. And they continued to just sit there looking dumb and boring and massive. I ended up carrying her away against her will. So, a million animals later we are all hungry and tired, I just wanted to leave but Colton insisted on seeing the tigers. He had begged us all day, and so sad, we finally get there and they are asleep in the very back of their "habitat". We looked at them for about 10 seconds and moved on.
As much fun as we had at the zoo, nothing compared(for me anyway) to the yummiest lunch I had. The Cheesecake Factory has changed my life. I think I might move just to be close to one. Seriously. Heaven on Earth. Colton was so warn out from the zoo he slept in the booth the whole time. Unfortunately Aubrey was awake and with us. And naughty. Big Surprise. After we finished up there, my wonderful Aunt and Uncle let us come crash there house. Colton played the Wii (one of the highlights of his whole vacation) and Aubrey got to run around and play the piano. We were supposed to go to Chuck E Cheese with Steve and Lisa, but Lisa "forgot" to call us, so we just hung out there and put the kids to bed. We had a great time, and were happy to be in a house, even after one night at a hotel.
Aubrey in the wagon we rented, don't be fooled it was a big waste of money. She sat in it for maybe 5 minutes total
The gigantic T-Rex. It roared so crazy loud.
Colton standing by a dinosaur that just stood there and didn't make a sound. Their eyes blinked though, sometimes it was kinda creepy.
The cutie polar bear that kept playing, it was so fun to watch.
The huge, massive, lazy hippos
On our way out we got to watch the sea lions get fed, it was pretty cool. It was outta control how big they looked when they got all of the way out of the water.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Second Day
Posted by Rachael at 12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad the grade schoolers weren't victim to your wrath! That's so funny. Love your honesty! We love the Portland zoo. Why don't we have anything fun here in Tri-Cities? No zoo, no water park... what's the deal?
Oh, cute cute pics by the way!
Poor Colton, waiting all day to see the tigers and then they're asleep! The nerve. They must really enjoy their "habitat".
The Cheesecake Factory...Mmmmmm....I'm still dreaming about the lunch that I had there about a month ago. What did you eat? I must know!
I had the chicken alfredo and strawberry cheesecake. I literally ate until I was sick, and enjpyed every minute of it. Kent had the lettuce wraps, it was one of the prettiest meals I have ever seen. It was actually because of your blog that I even wanted to try The Cheesecake Factory! Thank You!
Post a Comment