Well, I made it to church for the third week in a row, and the roof didn't cave in....the best part was, I left feeling better than when I came. I got to listen to a good friend share her beliefs for the benefit of her family, and the best part is, she didn't even need a tissue. I think when the time comes to share my testimony, I will write it down and ask her to speak on my behalf. Next, I spoke to an old friend who's family is fostering some very small children. The strength that they have is inspiring, the stories he shared were heartbreaking. Then, I got to sit between two of my friends and listen to one of my most favorite people speak. She reminded me that to be a woman is great all in itself...to be grateful for the talents I have and not pick apart the work I have done. She talked about accepting help, and how important it is, so if anyone wants to help with dinner, I will most definitely accept. I kept Aubrey with me today, and of course Addy. I think after Addison knocked over another baby girl holding on to a chair, I might have been embarrassed. I just hope my girls weren't a disruption to the other women.
This weekend was so much fun. I had my cousins over two nights in a row to play Rock Band. The Beattles kept freezing on us, and since there wasn't another game at Walmart within a hundred miles of here, we went with Lego Rock Band for now. It is pretty fun, and of course the kids love the super easy mode. Colton got up to 87% and a 22 note streak. He was pretty proud of himself. His favorite new song is "We are the Champions" gotta love a kid who loves Queen right?
On the downside of the weekend. Every night someone came over to play, one person went home and started puking. I am so scared to get it, it isn't even funny. Oh, and apparently if you let your 5 year old stay up later than you are willing to admit on a Friday night(well in to Saturday), and then let him go to a sleep over with 5 of his cousins, he will fall asleep hating the clothes you put him in for church, before you can even make him go to church.
Oh, I almost forgot, one of the highlights of the weekend was attending a "We beat cancer, and thank you to everyone who helped" party. I am so happy for Lydia. She has an amazing family and I love them and appreciate the kindness they have always shown me. They had a big bash at Garlands Gym. Coach Brett is amazing, the kids had a blast, and the food was delicious.
So, here is hoping I have another productive week. Hopefully at the end of it I won't be crying on a little pink stool, but if I am, whatevs...
Monday, February 8, 2010
Another Sunday
Posted by Rachael at 12:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You made me really miss being in Relief Society. I like young womens but that lessons sounds really good. oh and by the way I love watching little babies walk around during class.
I laugh every time you talk about crying on the little pink stool. Maybe it's because I know just how little the stool is and it's just a funny mental image. I think you should work that into your 'about me' section. Include a picture of the little pink stool and write something funny and quippy about how you can often be found crying on it at the end of a particularly sucky day.
Oh yea, and I'm in full on paranoia mode every time my stomach or head feels even the teensy bit weird.
Ugh, I hate to hear that the stomach flu is going around. We've got a nasty cold at our house. Just when I thought it was over, my oldest woke up with a fever Sunday morning. So, for the three weeks that you've gone to church, I've missed. Lovely. You can find me crying on the floor of my closet at the end of a miserable day. There's just something about crying among shoes in the dark that makes me feel better. Or maybe it's that I finally have a closet big enough to sit inside that is cheering me up... Hmmm... I hope you have a great week!
Aw, you made my day! And I will proudly bear (bare?) your testimony for you any time. I'm so bummed I missed R.S. I so wanted to be there.
And, SERIOUSLY? Could you NOT do a post about puking? That'd be great, thanks.
Post a Comment