Thursday, February 25, 2010


I think my mood is slowly improving.  Today has been the most normal feeling in awhile.  Last week I was feeling so discouraged, I had been blaming all my lack of energy on lack of sun, but as it turns out...the sun came out....and nothing changed!!  What?!  So, maybe I am getting a little old.  Maybe, I can't stay up past midnight and function properly the following morning anymore!  So annoying.  I think life's cruelest joke is age after 25.  

This weekend Kent cleaned out a cupboard full of cake stuff so we would have a place to keep the kids dishes on a kids level.  This means I don't have to get up, stop doing all my important stuff just because the kids want a drink.  And, hopefully this means a little more room for tupper ware.  My lazy susan, well she ain't spinnin'.  (I have no idea if that is how you really spell that, but you know what I'm talking about)

This new found cupboard gave me the motivation to clean out the junk drawer and underneath the kitchen sink.  This weekend we also removed all cleaning products from the lower cabinets, so I won't have to call poison control for Addison anymore!  I never had to do this with my other 2 children.  I think this will be just one of the many differences.  

Anyways, instead of cleaning supplies and an overwhelming amount of Walmart bags, under the sink now houses kids art supplies.    Everything is non-toxic.  When I was waist deep in the never ending cubby space, I found some bubbles and a plastic watering can.  This was good news for Aubs.

So, being the good mom that I try to be, and a procrastinator of cleaning, I stopped to take some pictures..... and yes, there will be far too many because picnik is going wacky on me....I miss you collages...


After Aubrey lost interest in the bubbles, she moved on to the watering can.  She kept telling me she needed flowers, she wanted to plant flowers, please mom!  I kept telling her, it is to cold outside for flowers still....and then she came up with this all on her own.  I have to admit, I loved it.
 
Addison stares out the sliding glass door all the time.  I have been wanting to take her outside for awhile, but the grass is always wet, or it's windy, or you know, some other excuse....I decided that we would continue to take advantage of the warm weather, so after her nap, we all went outside.  When I first took her out I stood her up holding on to the trike in the grass.  Pretty soon she sat down, and had no idea what to do.  She hardly moved at all.  But, oh man did I get some pretty cute pictures of her!  Be forewarned, there are a lot of pictures!  Again, I would have made a collage but picnik hates me.


   
This is one of Aunt Lisa's favorites...
 

She puts her little finger up to her mouth like this all the time...I absolutely adore it...

After sitting in the grass a few minutes, she reached over and found this green cup the kids have been playing with in the dirt.  She inspected it for awhile as you can see, and then she started picking the grass and putting it in to the cup over and over...
 
 
 
   
She was sucking on her zipper...  
......and done.  This post is kinda like pregnancy, long, but totally worth it right!?
  



5 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVED all of your pictures. I'm kinda glad picnik wasn't working, I prefer them single and x-large!

I'm so envious of Aub's flower planting experience. I'm trying to figure out what container I have that I could add dirt to and give Soph some flowers and a watering can. I love when we get to witness, and photograph their imaginations at work!

And oh.my.goodnes, the second picture of Addy is my favorite! So many cute ones. I can't believe she figured out filling the cup with grass!

Shayla said...

Definitely worth it! I was about to email you and complain that I've been missing your posts. I loved seeing your pics, as well. I think it's nice to see them extra big, too. If you want, you could try Picasa to create collages. That's how I do mine. It's a free download and a nice photo manager. Your girls are seriously adorable. Pretty impressive that Addy didn't completely freeze up on the grass and then cry. All my babies were terribly afraid of grass forever. In fact, Kenzie STILL is. ;) I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better. I've been thinking about you and wanting to bring over something sweet to cheer you up...but, that's always as far as I ever get. *Thinking* about it!

Lisa said...

LOVED the pictures!!!! i too prefer the way you posted over a collage. all though your post was like a pregnancy...i'm just glad i don't have to nurse it or change its diapers...so thanks! ;)

Karen said...

You got some great shots of the girls. Bells pictures were so stinken cute...I liked em all and I agree the bigger the better to see them:)

Alicia Leppert said...

So adorable. How do your pictures always look so professional? Those ones of Addy are so cute, makes me want to pinch HER neck fat.