Amy was so inspired to start blogging again that she decided it would be fun to give ourselves a list of topics each week to help our blogs along. I invite the few of you who read this to jump on the idea band wagon...it's fun, I promise...
Today's assignment is the 2nd photo in our November folder of pictures. Here is mine! TaDa!
The best part about this picture is the story that goes with it.....
There once was a mother who paid an outrageous amount of money to take her family to Disney On Ice. This mother knew how important this special day was so she fretted and fretted over something bad happening that would prevent them from making it. It was flu season and so far her family had done pretty well. A case of strep throat and the common cold had plagued the family, but that was the extent of it. All of these sickly symptoms had long been gone by the time the family was to attend Disney On Ice. Well, before they knew it, the big day was here, and it was time to go. The little girl of the family was more than ready in her princess dress and sparkly shoes. The mother started to relax, she figured all of that worrying was wasted energy, they were on their way! Little did that mother know, that when her little girl fell asleep on the way to the Toyota Center, it was more than just a nap, it was a warning of sorts. Souvenirs were purchased, along with popcorn and lemonade, this family was going all out(thanks to grandma)! The little girl didn't seem quite peppy enough for such a huge occasion...but this little girl has a tendency to shut down at times in new situations....Before long the mother noticed the girl felt cool to the touch. The lights went down and out came Micky and Minnie. The magic began, all the while this mother continued to feel her daughter's forehead. The grandmas' noticed she was lacking color. Cars came and went, and just as Little Mermaid was starting, the mother thought to herself, if she pukes, it is going to go all over the people in front of us.' Well, the mother had JUST turned the girl around and.....BAM!! She puked ALL OVER HER MOM!!! To make a long story short, we missed pretty much all of Disney on Ice. And it totally bit. I am still not over it to this day.
7 comments:
You may have had to leave early, and you may still be bitter, but at least you have a picture and therefore a story to go along with it. I suppose I could take a picture of Sophie in her ridiculous, but cute, tinkerbell petal hat and then blog about where it came from. That girl wears that thing all the time!
I can't believe that someone that cute turned into a germ-ridden little puker.
The important part is Pops is to young to understand how disappointed she could have been had she been old enough to care! There will be other Disney on Ice...but whether she will be as much a "princess guru" as she is now is the question...You girls have got to blog those two princesses of mine playing with their princesses...or video them! Their world of make believe is incredible..and we should bottle it seriously...:)
Oh man, that sounds like one of Alicia's nightmares! I would so be bitter about it still, too. LOVE the picture idea...maybe I'll have to borrow it, too. It's amazing how many blog ideas I have when I haven't written in months and then after I've blogged, I can't think of anything else to say!
puking stories are my very fave.
i still cringe at that story. at least you got a killer picture though ; )
Shayla, I seriously was going to comment, "Thanks for nightmares I will now have tonight, Rach." Although technically I have heard the story already, just not in such great, fine detail. Lovely, lovely.
I felt so sorry for you that you and Aubry had to leave early it was very fun to see the old princess stories on ice.
Post a Comment