This evening I was pleasantly surprised to get a phone call from my cousin Josh asking what we were up to. Of course I was home and up to nothing but kids. Sophie was here already and when I told the girls Lydia was coming over they were very excited.
When Josh got here, the girls went straight upstairs. Pretty soon we heard them giggling, and playing, then jumping. The giggling was cute, the jumping a bit concerning, so Josh went upstairs, much to my embarrassment! My upstairs at times, well, lets just say, pig sty might be the most accurate description.
He managed to find his way back downstairs and we continued visiting. It was crazy nice! No one cried, tattled, or did anything naughty. It was awesome. Of course a little while later when they made their way back downstairs I asked Aubrey what they were giggling about and she told me it was because she was eating her baby chest. Uh, What? But a few context clues like the overwhelming menthol smell coming from under her shirt and I knew she was referring to her Vicks baby chest rub. Gross right?
The girls delivered us fake mail. My mail was about going to princess parties and Josh's was about being accepted to the Universtiy of Washington. Signed the Faculty. His daughter was not so impressed.
Then they moved on to make-up. We decided the best description for this make-up is colored shortening. It feels so gross. And this is what they did with it....
Friday, February 26, 2010
Girly Girls
You can't see Sophie's so much. She licked most of hers. Which of course meant so did Aubrey. Lydia smeared hers on, and on, and on, and on. When I gave them a mirror the looks on their faces were fantastic.
I talked them in to getting hosed off and moving on to play-doh
Then, before we knew it, it was 9:00. Cue tears and the inability to share. It really was fun while it lasted.
Posted by Rachael at 12:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Um, hi...best play date ever? Those girls are adorable. I love that Sophie is sporting the ever-present Sleeping Beauty costume. Oh, and I don't feel so bad about your kid's head injury while under my supervision since you feed other people's kids medicinal cream.
ah man, why wasn't tyson a girl???
Those are truly the upcoming princesses of our families! How fun is it that we now have Amy/Sophie, Rachael/Aubrey and Josh/Lydia still playing together!:) Suppose you guys will all gather with your kids for their first big overnight??? :) Rachael get the candy cupboard going!
Adorable, your the funnest aunt ever! LOVE the stuff they sell as "real makeup" for kids. Seriously, colored crisco is a very good description. I hide it whenever the kids get it as a gift and tell them it's lost. I know, worst mom ever, right? :-)
Post a Comment