Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Item of The Day

My item of the day is my plant.
This plant has been with me longer than any other of it's kind.
It has stuck with me through cold times.
It has hung in there, in dry times.
It has been moved to various places.
Its current home is next to my sink.
It cheers me up while I do the dishes.
It's pot is one of my most favorite things.
It never talks back.
It never asks for anything, even during times of neglect.
It has never made a mess.
It appreciates what I do for it.
It is my plant.




4 comments:

Lisa said...

that's just the nicest plant EVER! uh, that's all i really have to say. i want to say more, but all i can think to type is how nice your plant is. i'm totally talking to you on the phone right now...shocker. i think you're watching tv or something. the silence is lingering but alas...never awkard (i just asked you how to spell that) awkard is a funny ward...especially how you just said it "aahkwwarrd"

peace

Shayla said...

Plants are great like that, except I always kill mine. I don't know why... Maybe cause I always forget to water them. :-)

Amy said...

I think you've officially beat me on keeping a plant alive the longest. I really need to try one of those out, I'm guessing if you've managed to keep it alive this long, I should be able to also. And the adorable green pot that I love? Yea, add that to the list of things we both own. I'm so glad I finally got one too!

Alicia Leppert said...

Would this be the plant that you abandoned and forgot about at my house for, like, a year? Just askin'.