Monday, August 19, 2013

Date Night

It feels like we have been on a week of Stacation.  With Kev and Nat in town, and Steph and Ryan too, we have been spending a lot of time hanging out and playing games...and eating, swimming, a little shopping...eating....it has been so much fun!

Tonight we ditched the kids and had a date night.  I had gotten all ready, hair fixed, make-up done, all dressed and I made the fatal mistake of asking Aubrey if I looked cute. She said yes, she liked my shirt that I was wearing because I wore it when I was pregnant and it made me look pregnant again.  What the what????  I totally did not ever wear this shirt as a maternity top, becuase it isn't one!!  So I say 'Colton, does this shirt make me look pregnant?  Does my stomach look big in it?'  He kinda does the little 'I hate to tell ya' nod and eye squint and says 'yeah, a little, like you can see your stomach looks like it's sticking out a little' Huh...here's the thing, this is a very sore subject in my life, it has been the source of many a depressing shopping trips that only lead to more chocolate, candy, and whatever else I can drown my emotions in...so I go to Kent, and make him swear to tell me the truth, I ask Kimmie as soon as she gets here if it looks like a maternity shirt, and they both assure me it looks fine...so I manage to leave the house in it.  And then we go to the mall.  And I am not kidding, I literally looked in every mirror, in every store we walked in to...just as we are leaving one of the stores I catch a horrible glimpse of myself in the mirror.  And I want to curl up and die.  So I tell Kent we are skipping the last store he wants to go to and heading to Old Navy.  Where I proceed to spend $30 on a shirt, which is more than I would ever pay under normal circumstance for a shirt, and change in the parking lot in the car, about 3 minutes before we are supposed to be at the restaurant...
thanks a heap kids...

We had dinner at PF Changs...the food was excellent, the manager was awesome, but our waiter was a total over enthusiastic, completely insincere tool bag.  He was so over the top.  But the salted caramel cake and Mongolian beef were worth the sacrifice...and it was kinda fun getting Kent's dad all kinds of frustrated arguing about gratuity and whether the restaurant has the right to make you pay it.  I'm pretty sure if he was a cartoon there would have been smoke coming out of his ears...and I can't forget how hard I laughed listening to Stephanie explain a joke to Denice about her mom being Monica Lewinsky for Halloween...

After dinner we went bowling.  And man, pregnant Vik can throw down!  We played guys against girls kinda...and holy cow, we had so much fun.  But here's the deal, one thing my family taught me was how to make fun of myself and not take things too seriously, and there are no words for how helpful that was tonight.  My first game I bowled a 46. Yup, 46. I was the gutter Queen.  And that score, was with some freak accident strike that I some how managed. And let me tell you, I rode that horse all around to every single one of us there for a high five!  It was like Hellen Keller just spoke a word... listening to Steph encourage me to just break 20 was amazing.  Nat and I were bowling buddies for about a minute, but then slowly her score kept growing, where as mine did not.. Taking my turn was like taking the walk of shame over and over...but I freakin owned that 46! And I had no idea what a good bowler Kent is...by the time we left to go home my throat was sore and starting to get horse from all the cheering and talking.  It really was super fun, and everyone was so nice about my suckiness, they clapped for me every time I hit a pin...every time by ball went even kinda down the middle of the lane I could hear all the Oh! Oh!'s behind me...awesomeness...

Picture...

On our way out for the night I took a picture of Kent and I in the car and posted it on facebook.  At first it was kinda like, dang!  look at all our likes and these super nice compliments.  And then some guy Kent is friends with left a comment and a picture linked to it.  Of Wonder Woman.  Apparently my nieces and nephews agree with him, saying I look like her, but I just don't see it...Alicia's comment about missing me, but knowing I'm probably out fighting crime and all, was definitely my favorite...


I mean, I did have these figurines of Kent and I made up for our anniversary, but I still just don't see it...

Bowling Ally pics...







4 comments:

Mallary said...

How are you so freaking hilarious AND gorgeous? It's not fair...and I kinda hate you. But I super love you at the same time! I'm glad I get to say that we are related!

Dlovesocks said...

Rach,
This is gonna be like a letter,ok?
1. There is an unwritten rule that no matter how awful you look, your husband cannot be the one to tell you. I'm not saying you looks awful but if you did mums the word. It would somehow come around and bite him in the butt. Even months later while having a fight, you would say remember that day you said I looked fat in that shirt.
2. Wonder Woman. It's a positive id. If ou put on some red lipstick and take a picture, you'll be amazed.
3. I can't tell jokes and even worse I don't get most of them. All I know is I can never look at a marshmallow with a straight face.
4. I don't even like to bowl, but it was a blast.
5. Your blog is the best!

Shayla said...

First off, it's nice to know I'm not the only compulsive, obsessive freak over my belly. Second off, I have real reason to be. You DON'T! You are one of the most beautiful persons I know. For reals. You have amazing eyes, the most beautiful smile, dimples to die for and hair I'd give my left arm for and a cute, skinny bod. Really. Quit being so hard on yourself. Did that sound like i have a girl crush on you? ;) I think my bowling score was the same or lower last time I bowled. I was super proud. ;) There is something wrong with a sport where everyone sits behind you and watches you bend over to throw a heavy ball. Why? All I can think about is everyone staring at my huge ass. Thanks bowling.

Natalie said...

Date night was great! You should totally be Wonder Woman for Halloween, that would be awesome!!! I love all the pics lately of you and Kent. I don't know what it is... but you two look so stinkin cute together! Match made in heaven. And I'm so so glad we joined the same family... :-)