Thursday, August 29, 2013

Vegas or Bust: Part Two

Ok, lets see...I think I left off after the wedding, and the ridiculously long walk back to the hotel...

Right, so we change and head downstairs to meet up with Jim and Jodi, Zane and Sanchez, and Dean and Andrea...I have no idea what happened to Dean and Andrea, but before I knew it we were headed out to the Forum Shops...and then BAM!!  Right as we are walking out of the hotel, there is a little bar section, with little cage/stages...and I am watching some girl bump and grind with her arse cheeks literally hanging out...and let's be honest, stuff like that, so shocking and in your face, at eye level, well, it takes everything you have to close your gaping mouth and look away...and pray your husband is doing the same because you can't bring yourself to look at him...

Ok, so I recovered and somehow made it across the street.  Holding hands with Kent.  We did that a lot, almost the whole time we were there I think, just walking around...it was one of my favorite parts...anyway, we walk in to this mall, and man oh man, it's HUGE!  It's like 3 levels of escalators with high end, rich people name brand stores...it takes us a minute to get our bearings, and by us I really mean our friends who have actually been there before...oh wait, I almost forgot all the statues!  They were huge and everywhere, and they all had giant breasts, but artful breasts, you know the kind...and by the time we were done at the shops I'm pretty sure we saw a few uncircumcised male statues too, cause Vegas doesn't discriminate...it's art after all...so we get to the main section, for lack of a better word, and the ceiling is painted like the sky, and it's gorgeous.  It even had little stars out of lights reflected on it, because it was night time outside...and then we hit the mother load!  A two story Nike store next to a freakin Cheesecake Factory!  It's like it was put there just for Kent and I!  We head in to the Nike store first, and it is quite possibly the classiest sports store I have ever been in...we left without making any purchases there, but I can't say the same for the Cheesecake factory.  I sure did get myself a piece of strawberry cheesecake and killed it, right there in the mall/hotel/museum...it was delightful.  So we walk all through Caesars Palace, and it is seriously never ending...and this is where stuff starts to get blurry, because everything runs into something else, and you are walking everywhere, and they all go from gold gilded everything, and enormous rooms, into casinos, and then back again...I'm pretty sure our next stop was the Bellagio Hotel.  Our tour guides took us to see this gorgeous indoor garden area with all live plants and trees, and the sunflowers and hydrangeas were everywhere...it was like a fairy tale setting in the middle of the hotel...it was so awesome....We keep making our way to the front of the hotel so we can see the fountain show.  This was one of the only things I really wanted to do, because in Ocean's 11, at the very end, they all breakaway in front of this fountain...and really, it's more like a lake, because everything is huge in Las Vegas...my feet literally want to cry, and my hip flexer is burning, and we find out the fountains stop at midnight...we barely missed it.  And all I can think is, how will we ever walk back without dying?  But, I only had a second to think about it before we were walking again, heading to the Mirage...

By now I think we have seen Micky and Minnie Mouse on literally every street corner, the Ninja Turtles, and Chucky, we actually saw him on our first ride down the strip...oh, and we saw Homer Simpson passed out...and more showgirls of course...

But we hold hands, and laugh and joke, and I keep thinking, where are all of these people going?  What is their final destination?  Because now it's after midnight, and it might as well be mid day...people are still everywhere and everything is still open....and I wonder, are all these people visiting?  Do any of them live here?  Are they headed to a particular place or just going on a tour of the city like we are, only with big alcoholic slurpees?  I thought to myself how glad I was to be there with Kent, he made me feel safe...

It takes probably at least a half hour of walking to get to the Mirage, which thankfully was right across from our cage dancing hotel...we walked in, saw the atrium right away, but not before we noticed they advertise their "lose the tan lines" pool area...aka nude pool...our original plan was to take a tram to Treasure Island and keep going, but we were beat.  Now it's like 1:00 a.m., and I look up at Kent and his eyes are glazing over.  So we call it a night and head back to Harrahs...back past the dancers and up the elevator...and I literally collapsed on the bed the second we walked in...and I would have fallen asleep instantly, but there is no amount of tired that was going to keep me from getting up and washing my hands...

And the next thing I know, my phone is ringing.  And it's 6:00 am...with a crazy beating heart I answer the phone...and my Belly Boo is throwing up...she's super sick, and I am so far away.  It rips my guts out.

I finally got up for the day about 10:00 am, and called to check on Addy...no better, but she wasn't crying for me or anything, and I had hopes she was over the worst of it, but felt so sad I wasn't there...

Kent was still sleeping so I headed down to the pool...and it was kinda empty, and I was relaxing on a lounge chair, soaking up the rays, and then I was ambushed by the smell of cigarette smoke...and that was the end of my relaxing 5 minutes...

Kent and I headed over to Treasure Island to hang out with Jim and Jodi at their pool, which was actually cool and had palm trees and music playing, and of course waitresses in little red bikinis, that served you pool side...I'm getting a tad bit ahead of myself tho, when we first got there, Jim took us up to their room, and they had 2 floor to ceiling windows that over looked miles and miles of the city...and he showed us this other hotel under construction that had huge tarps covering the unfinished building that looked like the actual building, with windows and stuff!  I just kept thinking, where and how do they even  make printed fabric tarps of that magnitude...it was crazy, and again we were reminded how lame our hotel was...

So back to the pool...we hung out, we ordered food from a half naked waitress, a fruit platter and cheeseburger sliders to be exact, and it was surprisingly good...as was the rack on the help...ok, so here's the stupid thing.  I can't imagine, walking around in the smallest amount of fabric possible, having my boobs hang out like it's no big deal, like everyone around me is just an oversized breast feeding baby, and if I would never want to do that, then why do I start to feel so self conscious about my way less than bikini worthy body?  Why can't I seem to stop comparing myself physically and wanting to crawl under a rock?  Whatevs, I'll just drown my thoughts in diet coke and french fries, sitting poolside...which was actually really fun to do, eat lunch by the pool, listening to music, talking to Kent...

After the pool we went back to change...at this point I had talked to my mom again, and Addy was still puking and it took all I had to not sit there and cry...I felt so awful...

We met Jim and Jodi back at Treasure Island and we headed over to the Fashion Show Mall to meet up with Zane and Sanchez...Zane is hilarious and I completely enjoyed myself teasing him about his miserly Vegas budget and the fact that he has no girlfriend.  In fact when I asked him if would ever let us set him up, and if he was a picky guy, he answered something like "I'm gonna be honest.  She can't be fat"...I know how terrible that sounds, and it is, it really is, but he's funny and he really is a nice guy, and we never stopped giving him a hard time about it...and Sanchez...well I think he said about 5 things the whole time  He makes Kent look chatty...

Ok, so the Fashion Show Mall is huge.  And turns out it actually had a fashion show going on in the middle of it...we watched for a few minutes, and then realized it was kinda lame...we went to what felt like a hundred sports stores, and the Disney Store where we bought Addy a Tramp to go with her Lady.

After the mall we headed over to the Wynn...and oh my gosh it was amazing...

this concludes part 2....

Pictures....

This huge display was in the Nike store going up the escalator...I had to take 2 pictures because it's so big...we thought Colton would think it was cool...



This is in the garden at the Bellagio...that is a huge snail, covered in real flowers...at least I think they were, I know all the flowers around it were...




the bird was covered in real seeds to make up it's color and design...


 Jim took this picture of us, it's hard to tell but it's in the garden too...I know it's blursula, but when you only have a handful of pictures you utilize and love everyone of them...

this was early the next morning...

The pool at Treasure Island...when we were here Lisa and Amy asked why I hadn't sent them any pictures..I told them it was hard to find an angle that was an appropriate picture to take..so I got creative and just took one looking upward...

this one gives the idea of what I was looking at while I sat there...that guy and his kid are kinda weird to have in my pic though...

Our poolside lunch...and that stupid guy again...stop photobombing yo...

later on in the day....

real proof she was feeling more like herself....

And this is our Hotel...

Right where the arch is, that's the dirty dancer entrance....only at night though, because it's not classy to dance half naked during the daytime...

2 comments:

wag said...

did ya hit the ferrari dealer at the Wynn?

Dlovesocks said...

What a trip! Sounds like one you'll never forget! Is there a part3?