Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Today was a good day.  I scored major mom points, because sometimes I'm kinda rad like that...we took the kids out and got Colton a new back pack, Aubrey a new sweater for school, when Addy told us her body was hungry for french fries we took the kids to McDonalds, finished the day off with some weed pulling and sitting out on the curb watching the lights and making wishes on stars.  And then, when I thought I couldn't be any better, I helped them clean the toy room AND read with them!  Hello!  Check me out, I am doing all kinds of stuff that didn't involving me laying in bed, using my phone, or yelling at my kids...holla

I have to make a quick list of Addy-isms

-yesterday is said 'lasterday'

-her c's sound like t's, for example cookie, sounds like tootie

-everything is all about her best friend Cloney, whose name is really Conley

-she whispers stuff in my ear all the time

-and she is beyond inappropraite

I can't even tell you how hard Colton and I laughed at her today, we were sitting at the counter and she picked up this picture of Colton when he was a baby and said "ooooh, is this baby toe toe(co-co)?!" Maybe you had to be there, but the way she said it and the look on her face, and the out of nowhere-ness, we were dying...

Tonight she was about to wish on a star, and so me and Aubs tried to teach her the whole, 'start light star bright' rhyme.  When we finished and told her to make her wish she replied "that's dumb"  Then proceeded to shout out "I wish, I wish, I wish I could love my family fo-eva!"

Poor Colton was so beyond bored today when we wouldn't let him watch tv, or play video games or his ds, or the ipad, or my phone...in the end we read some more of Fable Haven and it worked out ok...but man it was pretty touch and go for a minute...and somehow I always seem to be involved in whatever solution he comes up with...

Picture...

I love this picture took of me and the girls...


4 comments:

Amy said...

Read. Entertained. Enjoyed.

Dlovesocks said...

I love Addy's I wish game. I'm waiting for I wish your husband liked yoyos!

Shayla said...

Good mom days are so awesome. Especially since they don't happen that often. Well, at this house they don't. Oh, for the love, we give ourselves too hard of a time, Rach. You are amazing! BTW, super cute in your hat.

Natalie said...

Cute Cute!! Well now that I've spent all morning catching up on your delightful blog, I will have to post on mine later! Thanks for the fun funny morning Rach]:-) Addy is a HOOT!!