For the first time in a few weeks I am actually using my old lappy, that I thought for sure was dying, but it seems to be doing a lot better. I missed her...
Weekend in Review...
Saturday I spent the day making dessert for a barbecue at my moms house, my Aunt and Uncle were in town, and even though he didn't see much point in acknowledging his upcoming birthday my Aunt still thought it would be fun to have a bit of a party.
About half way through the day I decided it would be cute to make some golf themed cupcakes, because he loves to golf...so I did what I always do, I called Amy. Her and Mallary and Kimmie came by a little while later with some lamps Amy snagged me for $6, and some much needed help. They made me flags, golf balls, sand trap cupcakes, and made every decision I asked them too...They turned out pretty cute for some last minute cupcakes if I do say so myself...
Sunday I had this great idea, we could have the Nursery kids glue some noodles to construction paper in an effort to break up the 2 long hours we are in there. The kids seemed to like it, and of course Addy was the only one who ate the glue. More than once.
Today we had lunch with my grandma and the Portland Family before they headed out of town, then Steve was crazy awesome and watched all of my kids, Amy's kids, and pretty much every neighborhood kid while all of the girls headed over to Hobby Lobby...which ended up turning into me, Aubs, and Lisa shopping until about 5 o 'clock. And then today turned into a day like so many have lately, and I was gone from noon until after 8pm.
I don't know why I'm not sleeping.
I feel like my whole life is revolving around Words with Friends...
I am excited and stressed about school starting...
I feel like I have been so short with my kids lately. Snapping at them, sending them to their rooms, threatening them....so tonight on the way home, I tried to take a minute to point out the sunset, and just talk to them about it...the colors, the trees...then we saw the humongous orange moon so we talked about that for a minute. I know it sounds stupid, but it made the rest of the evening flow a little bit better. Colton and I snuggled on the couch and watched Design Star, and Aubrey cracked me up when she wrapped a rubber band around her hand and finger and said 'mom, what if I went to school and my finger looked liked this?'
Picture....
the group effort cupcakes for the un-birthday party...
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 2:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that the cupcakes turned out great! You guys are all so creative!! They were the hit of the "un-birthday" Thanks so much!
Cute cupcakes!
I laughed out loud at Addy eating the glue. It's amazing how we can be in the same tiny room for two hours and miss things the other sees. Gotta love nursery.
Tell Kent I said thanks for watching and feeding my kids last night. Whatta guy.
Post a Comment