Friday, August 26, 2011

I had such a great day today.  It started by actually getting out of bed by 8:45, just a smidge earlier than the 10:30ish it has been lately.  Then I had a few friends and some family, over with their daughters that will be starting kindergarten with Aubs.  I think the girls had a pretty good time, and I know Amy and I did.  Josh came over too, total added bonus, and if that wasn't enough, Danielle showed up as well.  It's like I won the lottery. 

And because I have the messiest toy closet on the planet, clean was a cinch.  It literally took me and Aubrey like 10 minutes to pick up, and that included the lunch mess in the kitchen.  Since the kids drank all the capri suns, and the adults pretty much cleaned out the sandwich supplies, there was little to do, but feel all good about myself for doing something nice and having a really good time. 

At the end of the day we went over to Denice's for some swimming.  She wasn't home, but she was a gracious hostess from afar.  I super appreciate her letting me take the whole Landoni-Buchanan-Grandma and Grandpa Lo clan over to her house for a swim.  We had a really nice time and the kids of course had a blast.  I'm still amazed every time I watch Addy scoot all over the pool in her floaties.  I couldn't believe how fast she made it to the deep end and back.  So thank you so much Denice, I know my family really appreciated it. 

Picture...

So as most evenings spent together go, all the kids wanted to switch houses and spend the night.  Colton ended up going with Steve and Lisa at the last minute, and Graycie came home with me.  Lisa sent me this picture....


It looks like the boys are having a bit more fun than the girls...we just watched Project Runway...but I did have fun talking with Graycie about how rude certain designers were, and which outfits we did and did not like.  She would tell me what she thought should be different, we discussed fabric choices and such...



3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I keep thinking about things that were said last night and laughing inside my head. I seriously talked Bill's ear off tonight on our date, telling him (almost) everything we talked about. He was probably thinking, "Enough already. If I wanted to hear it all I would have gone to it." But so what? Who cares?

What a fun day. Look at you being all social momish. I'm so proud. And, seriously Lisa, are you the funnest, most creative aunt/mom ever? That chalk dart board is adorbs.

Amy said...

Two great social events in a row was the best. Does that even make sense? Prolly not but who cares, I'm tired and intoxicated from paint fumes. So your luncheon was awesome, the food was great and so was the company. Yea you for doing it. Really. Finishing off the day at Denice's was pretty radical too. Good times. Good times.

Joshua said...

I wish I was worth as much as the lottery.

P.S. The rude designers are usually the good ones. I don't know, maybe I just say that to excuse and uplift myself.