Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Longest Post Ever...

Seriously, if you are gonna read it, grab a snack and sit down...if you don't, that's ok, but if you saw me this weekend, there is a chance you might be in it...just sayin is all...

It's Wednesday, and I started this stupid post on Sunday or something...maybe Monday...
*********************************************************************************
Here I sit tonight, still totally not wanting to blog, and trying so hard to not drive myself crazy with the weird colored screen.  The lap top Kent got me looks all faded and washed out compared to my Vaio.  I'm sure it can be adjusted or something, but that seems like to much thinking to figure out.  So now to get on with it.  Blogging about the last 4 million days so I can make myself feel like I am still "blogging everyday"  by blogging about every day...so stupid...who came up with this super crap goal anyway....

Friday...

Let's see...Denice and Jennica came to swim lessons and then Jenn came home with us afterwards.  Then about 4:30 or so we headed over to Denice's to swim and visit with her sister San who was in town from Seattle.  I asked Colton if he remembered her and at first he said no, and then he said, "oh yeah, she's the one you can splash and she doesn't care" and that, is completely true.   They had so much fun with her in the pool.  And the milestone of the day....Aubrey started doing somersaults in the water!  She is crazy in the pool now!   We finished up the day with a trip to My FroYo...and then I went over to Amy's house to have a little chatsy with Susan while she was in town.  Seriously love that girl...

Saturday...

Was seriously a great day.  We started by going to the Farmers Market.  We weren't even there 5 minutes and we saw my grandma.  She gave me some money to get some fruit, then she gave me little more, then a little more...and kept saying, 'Is that enough?', and 'ok, Rachie, I have to get going'  She was there and gone in a flash...we ended up with a whole stroller full of stuff, and almost all the blackberries were gone before we left...we met up with Denice and San, and had some fresh market food.  I tried the Polynesian chicken kabob.  it was delish.  Then we stopped at my grandma's for a bit...which was nice and sad all at the same time..she started crying a little and reminded me it was 3 years to the day that my grandpa passed away....After that we headed over to Denice's to swim and spend some more time with San...and Aubrey discovered that she can do 2 somersaults at a time in the water.  I have pretty much told everyone I can about it, total stage mom like...I can't believe how long she can hold her breath...We finished up swimming and headed home to get ready for Payson's baptism.  The Spirit was so strong, from the first word of the opening song I started crying.  Which probably means I cried more than Alicia did!  I can't believe that will be Colton in less than a year...on to the next event...seriously, the longest, busiest Saturday ever...We came home, changed our clothes, I took the kids to my moms, picked up food from Fiesta, and made it to Amy's house just in time for a little birthday party she put together for Mallary and Katie.  It was seriously one of the cutest, most magazine-like parties I have ever seen.  If she doesn't post pictures I'm gonna kill her.  And, the crowning glory was Mallary's cake.  Holy Cow, that thing was ah-mazing.  I still keep thinking about it's goodness.  It was 4 layers of cake, whip cream, and berries.  I can't keep writing about it, because I am salivating just remembering...and I want some more, like right now.  We finished up the party with some night swimming, which meant I was back at Denice's for the 3rd time in 2 days...All of this, and I was still home by midnight... I have to say, the presents Danielle got for the girls deserve an honorable mention.  She got Katie the cutest scarf ever, that I am coveting, and she got Mallary the prettiest cake stand...that I just so happen to be coveting as well...

Sunday...

Sacrament was pretty uplifting listening to all of the stories from the people who went on the Trek.  I can't even imagine doing it, but I'm hoping to hear some stories from Josh first hand about his experience...After church we went to my moms.  Everyone was there and I'm pretty sure all of the kids actually got along with no crying.  That is a Sunday miracle in and of itself...Then we ended the day with a new episode of Next Food Network Star.  Where the lady Kent thinks is Amy's twin was sent home...next week finale...we might have to order in some delicious food for the big event.  It kills me to watch all the crazy good food on the screen, whilst eating my low calorie snack...oh, and I almost forgot, Aubs said her first ever prayer in primary.  All by herself.  Without Kent or I being there.  I was so bummed I missed it, but truth be told, she probably wouldn't have done it if I was there.

Monday....

After swim lessons we ran a few errands and ended up..guess where...that's right at Denice's to swim.  Amy and her kids came, I had Lydia C in tow, and Steve showed up a little later with his kids.  Kent was actually off, so he was there too.  After swimming we headed to my moms for some dinner, because who wants to swim all day and then go home and cook?  I ended up being at my moms until almost 10 o' clock talking to Suzanne...who came to pick up Lydia at 6:30...another long summer day...I am willing the days to stay long and light....

Pictures...

Saturday....

Colt picking out his honey sticks...


the favorite blackberries...and Addy's easy access...

proof is in the pudding...look at that face...

Denice and San...

I couldn't believe it when I saw him sitting in the stroller...eating blackberries of course...

Addy sharing some kettlecorn with grandma...

And of course, the trip wouldn't be complete without a donut from the corner bakery... it's like the size of her head...and if you've ever seen her head...well, that's one huge donut...

 maple bar every time...

Later that afternoon...

Aubs and Aunt San swimming to each other...

Spencer went with us when we left my grandma's...I think it looks like he's totally about to land on Colton's head...

and it looks like he is running on the water...bursula or not, that's good form right there...

Aubs and Denice...


 Addy's first ride down the slide...I'm thinking she wasn't such a fan...

San helping Aubs do a backward somersault...

Colton...

Colton and Thad, San's hubby...Denice was telling Thad about the book she is reading, and how good she thought it was...and then he read us the little summary, and the way he read it with a smile on his face, made it sound like the corniest book ever...Denice defended it to the end...I think if he read the summary's of the books I read, it would sound even worse...I was cracking up...

They seriously would not leave her alone...and I think she had a lot of fun with them too...

Spencer

They thought having Thad throw them was extra fun...

I wish I had pics of the party to post, but Amy never mailed them to me...stupid...cause it was so cute...and I bet Lisa has some from night swimming with her waterproof camera too...

4 comments:

Dlovesocks said...

Love the post. Love the pics. And more than anything I love being able to share people I love, my sister, with other people I love, you kids and especially the grandkids. I was sooo super happy that they got to spend time with her. Thank you for bringing your camera and making that a special time for your family. Love you guysJ!

Amy said...

That was the longest post ever but it was good. I can't believe some of the stuff you remember to write about. Every time I read your posts and see your pictures I'm annoyed that I've hardly used my camera at all. Super lame. I really should take it to swim lessons tomorrow since that's what we've been doing for 6 weeks now. Thanks for the compliments on the party. I think my decor would have looked more legit if I had a more legit backyard. I need trees. And over head hanging abilities. And I'll try to post pictures soon. And thanks for taking Spencer swimming. And I wonder if I can make this comment as long as your post. And I wonder if Dad will say something to me about it. And good night.

Alicia Leppert said...

Seriously, you do more in one day than I do in a week. Maybe two.

I was blown away when you said you felt the Spirit so strong at Payson's baptism, because all I felt was stress and anxiety. But I'm glad to hear it was there for others to feel. And you're totally right. You cried more than I did.

You motivate me to do more fun things with my kids, besides "watching movies as a family" which means my kids watch a movie while I sit and dink around on my computer. This has been our most frequent summer activity. Super awesome, I know. Maybe we'll hit up Farmers Market on Saturday and get ginormous donuts. And, you know, fruit and stuff.

Dani said...

Wooohoo!!! I love getting shout-outs in your blog. It makes my day.