Saturday, August 13, 2011

I went and saw The Help today.  And I bawled my eyes out.  And I kinda sobbed.  And then I laughed.  and it when on like this for the whole movie. 

Kudos to Kent for watching Amy's kids so we could all go together...he totally offered all on his own...it was almost like he couldn't believe the words coming out of his own mouth at first...or maybe it was just that I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth...either way, I know Amy and I were super grateful.

I'm tired....I almost didn't even blog at all...

Picture....

I love this kid like nobodies business, but every 5 minutes I want to karate chop him....

Today when we were out looking at bike trailer/stollers he said "so mom, I won't get a new bike today?"  and I said "No honey, we don't have the money for it right now"  and he said in a voice holding back tears, "so you're gonna spend like $300 dollars just so you can get  stroller, and I can't get a new bike?"  I just stood there and laughed...I think it was a defense mechanism...if he wouldn't have sounded like he was about to cry he probably would have gotten lectured right there on the spot, but something about the way he sounded so disappointed, made me think not getting a bike was bad enough....


2 comments:

Dlovesocks said...

I saw The Help yesterday too! I went with a few friends and we all bawled. Whatever makeup I had on was gone. What an emotional movie. It was soo good. One of those rare movies that's just as good as the book!

Alicia Leppert said...

I know my heart should be going out to the brokenhearted little boy wanting a bike, but all I could think as I read this was, "But she's still gonna get a jogger stroller, right?" I know. Because I am counting on you and your new jogger stroller to get me off my butt, outside, walking. Sorry Colton!