We pretty much spent the weekend at Denice's. I spent my time holding Lily as much as I could. On Sunday I had to share her a bit with Aubrey though...she loved holding her too. It totally reminded me of myself when I was little...good times...
Today Kent and I took all the kids to what felt like a million stores looking for back packs and lunch boxes, new shoes...the works for school. I still have a ton of school supplies left...boo. It actually wasn't so bad until I realized at the mall that hoisting Addy up on my hip over and over resulted in my stomach hanging out from under my shirt that had ridden up. I felt so gross. I don't even know how long it was like that. And it happened at least twice. I could have cried. Just like Kim Kardashian when she lost her $75,000 earring in the ocean...
I love watching the kids so excited to try on their new stuff, they want to wear it all right away, and I totally get it, because it killed me to see all of those new clothes in my closet and not be able to wear them when I was a kid. Aubrey picked out black converse, and be still my heart, she looks so cute in them. I love the way she always shows us how her shoes make her run "super fast"...especially because when she runs, it totally reminds me of Phoebe on friends.
And then of course, no day seems complete without a mini-meltdown from good ole me. Ok, so here's the thing, I don't do nice things for my family so that they will do nice things for me, I do it because I love them, and making them happy makes me happy. But for the love, after I have spent my whole day and all my money and all my patience on them, can't they give me like 5 freakin minutes on the phone! Can they not try a little harder to be nicer to each other? Can't they do any of this with out me reminding them all that I just did for them? And trying my best to force appreciation down their little stinkin throats...Seriously, for the love!
Today I requested $180 from an ATM machine, and it only spit out $40. I just stood there and stared at the machine, like any minute now it was gonna give me the rest, or give me some explanation for the mistake. It didn't. So 3 operators later, and a million, "what, I couldn't understand you?"'s later, my money will be credited back to my account in 1 business day. Which will be awesome, because I owe all that money to my mom. Because the other day I felt like a teenager again when I asked my mom if I could borrow a check so I could go pay my over due speeding ticket. Only, now I actually have to pay her back. In my defense, I wouldn't have had to borrow the money if we wouldn't have had over $300 in charges tied up in debit card fraud.
And it's only Monday...
Picture...
Sweet Lily and Aubs...the first day...I think this was the only time I saw her cry...
and then again, the second day...a much happier baby...
Steph even let Aubs feed her, and she loved it...
So sweet...I hope they come back soon...
3 comments:
She is so sweet... I can't believe we won't even get to see her for a year... :-(
Hysterically funny post! I loved the not getting 5 minutes on the phone. LOL, literally! I loved the look on Aubs face on the first picture. The second pic, OMGosh her hair makes her look so old! Quit it! No making her look older than she is! It was a fun weekend. See, I didn't call you out on anything :)
Whose perfectly manicured black nails? I'm totally jealous.
When did you get debit card frauded??? That's awful! I had no idea!
And seriously?! $75,000 for a freaking earring? I dont care who you are, that's ridiculous. Sorry about your gut flashing. If that had been me I would have found out quickly cause the horrified screams would have given it away.
BTW, I'm totally in denial that we're not carpooling this year. I keep telling myself there's still time, you'll definitely change your mind before school starts. Sigh. Denial.
Post a Comment