I am trying so hard to remember anything worth writing about from this weekend...and I keep coming up with nothing. Kent was working over time again on Saturday, I traded Graycie for Tyson...now I remember Aubrey and Tyson having some funny conversations, but I can't remember what they are anymore. I made cookies with the 2 of them, and that was pretty fun...I don't know, whatevs...On Sunday church was awesome, Kent's dad came, and that was super cool. We went over to my moms and ended up having to have a little talk with all the boys about the 'f word'. Apparently Colton saw it under the bridge riding bikes with my mom and Spencer, didn't know what it meant or that it was a bad word, but asked Easton what it meant....fishy...Spencer the Reporter came and blew the whistle on the convo, and Amy intervened, saying stuff like how it's the worst word in the world, and it was all I could do to point out that I think we all know a few worse ones...then we talked about how some people make regular words into bad words, like how ass means donkey...it was great...but I think my favorite part was how Colton kept telling us it was spray painted right next to a few other words, and one of them was Alex, like it was of some importance...
Today my Visiting Teachers came by, I of course forgot they were coming, which means I wasn't dressed so I had to force Colton to go open the door. I looked horrible, Addy was still wearing the dress she wore to church yesterday...luckily the house wasn't to much of a disaster. They talked to me a bit about being more Holy, and what that meant to me...I couldn't come up with anything...and given the way I felt the rest of the day, I'm not surprised I drew a blank...
I decided that I wanted to take Colton to get the few school supplies we didn't have yet, and take him out to lunch. Cause you know, I was feeling like I hadn't done anything with him in awhile, I told myself I would enjoy the time with him...let's just say it was bit strained. He is driving me crazy, with the random outbursts of noises and words, the constant trash talk, the 'I want' the grabbing on to the freakin cart every 2 seconds....He redeemed himself a bit at lunch, but just barely...then I'm pretty sure he yelled out something stupid again, leaving me wondering why I took him anywhere in the first place. Good thing I love that kid with my whole heart...
We went to Back to School night this evening, which felt more like Back to Sweat night. They didn't have any air conditioning on, and about 50 billion people roaming the halls. Colton's teacher seems pretty nice though, which was such a relief. And thanks so much to my dad for coming and sitting with a sleeping Addy. There is no way I would have made it through the heat and the halls carrying a cranky 2 year old.
I think I'm gonna switch Addy's nick name from Helen Keller to Bam Bam...a total down grade I know, but holy crap, that girl beats the crap out of my arm when she's trying to get my attention. And the other day, she spanked me on the behind and it actually stung. She is so Lenny, it's ridic...and Heaven help you if she juts out her jaw, clenches her teeth, and heads in your direction...
Picture...
Aubs on her first day of Preschool...stop growing, please stop growing....on to her first day of kindergarten...if you stop by tomorrow after 12:45, you might find me curled up in the fetal position crying...I am so sad to have her go...
Monday, August 29, 2011
Colton on his first day of preschool...2nd grade? Seriously? It's so heart breaking some times....
Posted by Rachael at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope they turn the A/C on today at the school because I totally agree that was ridiculous. And you gotta stop posting pics of shorter, younger, chubbier versions of all the kids...I don't need any reminders how fast time flys and how little I've accomplished or done.
Colton and Aubs are too cute for words! But Colton and the words...Alex...Oh my gosh, I think I hurt myself laughing. Isn't innocense wonderful!
involuntary swearing...........how many people read this and said "F___ Alex"
Yes I did and it was funny
So I am catching up on all your posts...and you may never see this comment because it is a few days past your posting...but that was the conversation of all that nite about what they read under the bridge! I was leading the pack and I checked every second to make sure they were following me and staying on the right side...Spencer kept saying how freaked out he was about going under the bridge so I thought we all went under it pretty quickly...but evidently not!!:) Obviously the boys can read and ride at the same time! Maybe from now on should we ride the trails again to walters field....I will drop to the rear of the pack and make sure they stay full speed ahead with no gawking!:) However, their experience gave us all a lasting experience too:)
Post a Comment