Colton and Aubrey are no strangers to my many moods. They see me happy, angry, frustrated, playful, sad, annoyed, thankful, tired, and many, many more emotions on a daily basis. They hear me laugh and yell everyday. But the times they see me cry are rare.
The other day the kids and I were driving down to my moms. I had been on my cell phone and during my conversation started to cry. Not the one lone tear down my cheek kind of cry, the full blown apologizing that I am such an idiot, sorry you can't understand me kind of cry. When I got off the phone I looked over at Colton and he was just sitting there quiet, looking at me. I smiled and tried to make light of the situation. It worked with Aubrey, I had her fake laughing in no time. But Colton was not fooled. His new church CD was playing, and when he heard my favorite song come on, he said "Mom, it's the good song you like". Then he started to sing the words he knew for me. I asked him to hold my hand, and he did, the whole rest of the drive.
My cup runneth over.
I am so grateful for the experiences I have because I am with my kids everyday. I am so grateful for blogs. I know that sounds corny, but I have never been good at keeping a journal, and because of my blog I will document so much more than I would have otherwise.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Emotions
Posted by Rachael at 1:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay, I am not a crier but I was fighting back the tears on this one. I love your serious blog posts. I rarely see this side of you and I love it just as much as your fun side. You are such an amazing mom and a deep, thoughtful, emotional person and I love that.
I love that he held your hand. What a sweet little boy.
I can't keep up with all your posts! I read all of them and laughed at all the cute things Colton says! He is hilarious! No wonder why Hunter talks about him all the time!
Post a Comment