Sometimes it feels like I do the same things everyday. Oh, wait, I do exactly the same things everyday! Day of the week? Who cares! Time of day? Doesn't really matter! Mom's never have a day off, we don't even get off at 5! Everyday we feed, discipline, dress, wash, and keep watch of our kids. And some of us really lucky ones, even get to sleep with our kids. Of course for me, it never starts out that way, but by morning, when I am resuming consciousness, and I begin to wonder why it feels as though I have no arms and my foot is broken....Low and behold there are 2 rugrats in my bed.
But you know what? I am trying to remember that my kids are only little for such a very, very short, neeny time. And I have to say, I LOVE having my sisters and close friends help me laugh at the things that make me want to cry in desperation. On those days when I feel like a horrible, mean, witch of a mother, I have a sister who says, "Dude, that was totally me yesterday, I told Spencer blah, blah, blah.....and I didn't so much tell him as yell at him as bloody loud as I could" And every time I laugh and think, YAY! Some one else that every now and again agrees with me when I say "I hate my life". Of course, hate is a strong word, and we don't really mean it, but ya know...I didn't really mean it when I said Colton was gonna have to spend the night at Amy's house if he didn't go potty when I told him to.
Exaggeration is a way of life, and I am glad to say I am a proud user of exaggeration. Everything is so much better being blown out of proportion. I recommend it to all.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Sometimes
Posted by Rachael at 12:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We are such exaggerators! Everything is funnier when theres a little embellishing. A story instantly goes from dead serious to pure humorous when one is exaggerating. And I don't say bloody, that must be the other sister you don't have that you're thinking of.
Oh no! I was still logged on under you! How dumb.
DUDE! You say bloody! For example, "I am so bloody tired", "Bloody Hell"
OK, I totally understand about the kids in bed thing. Usually at about 4 a.m., I will start having these dreams about being shoved into a 55 gallon drum, and having it sealed up. And then I wake up and realize that Lorelai's feet are up in my grill.
What is that bloody sister of yours getting onto your account for anyways?
Oh yes,and I love exaggeration. Kind of like American Express, I never leave home without it.
When you girls were born there was no exaggeration how difficult you both had to be getting birthed! So it's a given that you both were destined to be exaggerators at best:) Uh huhhhh.....and Amy why do you post from my computer so you change the bloody thing??
Mom....
Post a Comment