Monday, April 21, 2008

Aubrey's Birthday Party


Ta-Da! Here is Aubrey's Toy Story 2 birthday cake. Lisa looked at a picture of Andy's headboard on the internet, drew it, and cut it out with an exacto knife. I am so thankful she is so talented, with out her, I would have had nothing but a big blue rectangle.


It was so hard to find a good angle. The pictures don't do it justice. The lamp, table, and rug were made out of fondant. The table and lamp didn't look exactly like that when I made them, but because I waited until the day before, they didn't really have time to dry.


Right after I put the cake together I started clearing out a shelf in the fridge so I would have somewhere to put it. I turned away for what felt like 30 seconds and Aubrey shoved the straw legs right through my little bed side table. I was not so happy. The table already had enough issues.


I know, how many pictures can you take of one cake.


So, opening presents is always a fiasco with so many other kids. I told them to scoot back a million times. I was so squished, I sweat for probably the second time in my life, and again physical activity played no part in that.


If you look closely you can see she is holding a toy cell phone. Payson and Macy gave it to her, and after she opened it, it was almost impossible to get her to open anything else. I would give her a new present but she just kept saying "Open Peese, Open Peese". Finally her Grandpa Lo granted her wishes.


We told her over and over, "blow out the candles, Aubrey, blow, hoooo" She just kinda kept looking at us and sticking her fingers in her mouth. Finally she gave the most pathetic blow. It was pretty cute, but it wouldn't have even moved a feather. Thank goodness for Spencer and Graycie, we could have been there for a long time.


See, there's the fingers in the mouth. She does that when she gets shy.


Diggin' in. Not to toot my own horn, but holy cow, that cake was good. I talked about it all day Sunday!


Is she cute or what?!


Aubrey with her classic "CHEESE" face!

17 comments:

Dani said...

Mad skills rach, mad skills...that is one incredible cake!!

Anonymous said...

That is a KILLER cake. Ace of Cakes has nothing on you!

~The Donald
donaldrsorensonesq.blogspot.com

meohmyers said...

Are you kidding me? That cake is incredible!!! I've got to start working with fondant. The possibilities are endless. What a little cutie you have!!

Shayla said...

Wow, that cake is AMAZING! I bet she loved it, she is adorable. You gotta love kids when presents are being opened...they all want to be RIGHT IN THE ACTION. Meaning, shoving and pushing and crowding on top of each other.

Alicia Leppert said...

Seriously, the pictures do NOT do the cake justice. That was seriously one of the most amazing cakes I have ever seen. I had no idea you had cake skills (and bowstaff skills, and numchuck skills...) The party was great but really the best part was that our gift was her favorite. I am totally regretting not having some cake, but I really was so sugared out from our own.

tharker said...

That cake is one of the coolest cakes ever! I cannot believe all of the detail. Great, great job! Go ahead and toot that horn!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my wife is the bomb.

Nicole said...

WOW! I am so impressed with that cake. Holy cow!!!!!

It looks like a fabulous 2nd birthday party!

Alicia Leppert said...

wow, look at kent all blogging and shiz.

Rachael said...

I know! I think maybe he had the confidence after seeing that Bill comments sometimes! I feel pretty special he did after I read an email that he wrote to his friend, and I quote, "Hey, I know this is kinda gay, but super cool at the same time" then gave him the link to my blog.

Susan said...

i wouldn't be able to eat that cake. it is too beautiful.

Nancie said...

holy cake! what a cute little fam.

::lindsay said...

Best. Cake. Ever.

Sarah said...

You go all out Rach. She is so adorable. Of any child I have ever met, she reminds me the most of Lydia. Happy Birthday Aubrey!

Ms. Kristen said...

So cute!

Lisa Christine said...

HOLY MOLY!!! That is the most awesome, amazing, clever, and beautiful cake I have ever seen. Really truly. I am in awe.

Kate said...

I love love love the cake!!! too cute, you got so much great detail in there!!
The party looked like so much fun :)