Saturday, April 5, 2008

E,X, and M

When Colton first started preschool, they tested him on letter recognition and letter sounds. When asked what sound a B made he said buzz, when asked to identify the actual letters, he new the letter X. I explained to his teacher that he knew that letter well because of the playstation controller. Since that test he has come a long way. Whenever he sees a C, S, E or T, he gets excited and says, "look mom thats my letter name" or "hey mom its Trentons letter name". The same goes for Spencer and Easton. The other day we were all in the car driving through town and Colton starts telling his dad "look dad, there's a letter M" He did this several times, and I sat a little taller with pride at how much he has been learning. Well, a few days later I'm talking to Kent saying "Colton is doing so well with his letter recognition, I didn't even know he knew the letter M" Kent says "Yeah, he knows M means that those are the video games I play, and E are the ones he can play" The moral of the story is, video games really can teach a child. Thank You Playstation.


5 comments:

Jared Zane said...

Amen and amen. Maybe you and Kent should write a children's book using video games to teach children the alphabet.

Alicia Leppert said...

SO funny! I love it.

Can i just say how much I am loving you having a blog? Now I can know`as much about your life as you've been secretly knowing about mine!

Rachael said...

Alicia
Thank you so much for commenting on all my posts! Getting comments is like opening presents on Christmas morning! I had no idea blogging would be this much fun.

Rachael said...

Thank you Josh!! The post is ten times better with the pictures!! What would we all do without you!

Dani said...

So if Playstation can teach children...can it teach husbands too?