Since I made my List of things Aubrey, I keep thinking about all of the other things I wished I would have added. I was remembering how people at stores always used to say what pretty blues eyes she has, or what adorable dimples. The old grandma and grandpa type would especially be drawn to her. It made me realize that now, when I am at the store the looks are quite different. They look at me like the are rehearsing what they will tell the 911 dispatcher. "The little girl was kicking and screaming, yelling NO! MAMA!, trying so hard to get away, I just didn't know what to do, the little girl was wearing a pink shirt and jeans, and the lady who was taking her was wearing sweats and what could have been a mans t-shirt." At some point I think they must talk themselves out of it, rationalizing that only the child's real mother would allow herself to be so publicly humiliated. But I know they are making a mental note to watch the news for any stolen children.
Colton is currently obsessed with his Lego Star Wars video game. Kent had helped him beat the game along time ago, they would try and play a level everyday together. Since beating the game they had earned lots of coins and bought a bunch of Colton's favorite characters. Well, one day I was letting him play and Kent wasn't home. I kept telling him to wait for his dad, that I don't know anything about video games and I wouldn't be able to help him with anything. Whatda ya know, about 5 minutes into playing and he needed help. I tried to help him, and BAM. All the hours they spent playing were gone. I pushed one wrong button and they were back at square one. I was completely oblivious to what I had done. Now, when I lay down with him at night he asks me to tell him the story of when I lost all his guys on purpose. I have been letting him play during Aubrey's nap, so now he asks all morning if it is her nap time yet. Today in his cute big brother voice he was asking her if she was tired at 10:00am
Kent took this right before his first Tee Ball game yesterday
His first up at bat. It was pretty cute, I can't get over how big the helmets are on the kids.
After the game we went out for ice cream with family and friends for Aubery's birthday.
Friday, April 18, 2008
My Kids
Posted by Rachael at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was cracking up all through this post. So funny!
It's so fun to watch the kids in sports especially at this age. So cute!
Okay, here I go....YOU ARE SO FUNNY! Seriously, I had to say it on this one, because your stories were hilarious. I especially loved the "sweats and what could have been a man's shirt" and Colton making you tell the story over and over of how you ruined his game on purpose. There's just no other word...hilarious.
You guys make cute kids! When are the others coming? Hurry up....time is a ticking~!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUBREY and as much as she may be a pain, she sure is fun and hilarious. She is my favorite.
Your kids are so adorable Rachael. It does seem like yesterday that you were bringing Colton over for VT. Weren't our boys just babies? What in the world happened?
Post a Comment