Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April is Over

I cannot believe it is the last day of April. This month went by so fast. And I cannot even begin to express how elated I am about this. Every day that passes brings us one day closer to the Oregon Coast! Every year for the past 7 or 8 years, my whole family vacations together in Lincoln City. It is seriously the highlight of my year. We have stayed in a few different houses, every year someone either gets married or has a baby, or both. I think we finally have one that fits us well. I almost can't stand thinking about it to much because I want to go so bad! This year Kent and I are going to leave a few days early and take the kids here. It will be nice to break the trip up a bit, and when we go from Beaverton to Lincoln City, we drive through lots of beautiful farms with fruit and vegetable stands. We have never stopped before, but this year we will for sure. Here are a few pictures from last year, Amy and Lisa need to post some, their pictures are always way better than mine. I usually figure Amy will take enough for all of us with her super nice camera.

Our first day there! It is the best feeling the first time you walk down to the beach...


Steve called the Coast Guard to see if we could tour the boats, this was right outside the boat house


This is a picture of the kids on the boat, they all had a chance to pretend to drive it. The girl that took us on the tour was super nice and answered my mom's 20 million questions!


This picture cracks me up, they all look like they hate their lives, but we were actually having a good time


Good looking family! We went to visit a lighthouse, the view was amazing. Just below us were some tide pools


Everyone went down to see the tide pools. If I remember right, the tide was coming in so we didn't stay too long. I had flip flops on, so walking around on the rocks was not so much fun


Our annual trip to, as Colton calls it, The Aclarium


Looking at the tide pools at the Aquarium, I much prefer these to the real ones.


Every year on the way home we stop somewhere different to let the kids get out and play. I think its more about extending the vacation as long as we can. Last year we went to the Enchanted Forest. Man, it was so much fun.


Kent, Colton, and Aubrey going down the slide in the Old Woman's Shoe


Cranpa teaching Colton how to shoot


Kids on the Bumper Boats

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I have to tell ya, I hate this post!!!! It is so freaking torturous. Why aren't we leaving TOMORROW?!!!! I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT!!! actually, i don't even want to go.

Suzanne said...

It looks so fun, even Uncle Pete would like it!!

Nancie said...

When are you going? Can I ride in your trunk. I said before I wanna be a Landoni and Karen would let me, I know she would.
Enchanted forrest rocks. I remember it. We went there once when i was 5.

Nicole said...

I guess you're excited - I stopped by your blog yesterday and you had like 4 tickers for when you leave. Lincoln City is so fun. We haven't been in years.

Alicia Leppert said...

It's so funny how we all have the same pictures of somewhere so far away. I can't tell you how many we have exactly like that one of you guys looking in the tide pool at the Aquarium. Your family trip sounds so much fun, it makes me laugh comparing it to our summer trips to the Oregon Coast with my in-laws. Excitement? Countdown? Not so much.

tharker said...

I have only been to the Oregon Coast once...I know...how is it that I have lived here for 18 years but just went for the first time 2 years ago? Lincoln City was so much fun. Have a great trip!!!

Unknown said...

I really hate that you guys are going to be gone. My graduation party will be boring without the Landoni Clan!