Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just Some Random Thoughts

Aubrey is hitting her terrible, horrible, no good very bad twos right on schedule. She is driving me nuts. In the car especially, I'm sure it doesn't help when every time she screams I offer her food, candy, beverage, money, anything to get her to stop yelling and crying and just being down right annoying. My favorite is when Colton starts yelling at her because she has pushed him to his limit too.

And Colton, what to do with him, if I say "I'm gonna send you to your room" he says "Well I will just come out" if I say "No you can not have candy for breakfast" he says " Well, I'm just gonna get it and eat it all anyway" This is pretty much how our conversations go all day long. I just keep reminding myself that Amy always tells me, "don't argue with him, you sound like you 2 are brother and sister"

Ok, this is truly something I have discovered since blogging, commenting, and im-ing, things are WAY funnier typed. I promise, try telling someone about an im conversation and prepare to sound stupid. I will call Amy or Lisa up thinking my comment is oh so clever and want to tell them about it. BAM! Instantly stupid. Every time.

I find myself looking at my life through blogging glasses. I am constantly thinking, 'how would I blog that' and 'do I want to blog about what just happened', 'do I have a picture to go with that post'. I never in a million years would have thought that would be me. But here I sit, LOVING it!

This is so random, but that is so me. My thought process is all over the place, so much that sometimes I don't even complete one thought before moving on to the next. Those of you who talk to me know exactly what I am talking about. I can always explain how the grapes on sale at yokes made me start talking about a picture I want, then on to the park we should take our kids to, only to finally get to the real reason I even started talking in the first place, a Jon and Kate plus 8 episode. I'm sure my blogs will be just as random. But at least when I am dead, and people read it(and they will) they will say it sounds just like me.

10 comments:

Amy said...

That was super funny. I almost choked on the licorice I was eating. Oh yea, and it was an editing nightmare. J/K, there's just a few typos. But really, what do I know, I add way too many commas, to everything I write.

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who's thoughts go all over the place. That's why I sound like such a stammering idiot when I talk. My brain moves waaaay faster than my mouth moves.

tammy said...

I am so happy I am not the only one viewing the world through blogging glasses. I often think the same thing...how would this look on my blog? and the randomness of thoughts. I feel the same way!!!!

Nancie said...

that does sound just like you. Love your blog.

Jared Zane said...

One of the reasons I stopped talking to people face to face or on the phone was due to the fact that not many people find me interesting unless I post it on the web. Hence why no one ever hears from me but can catch me all the time on the internet.

tharker said...

You are hilarious! I'm so glad that I started stalking....I mean found your blog a few days ago ;)

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Have you ever had thoughts that weren't random Rach? Try using your devil voice with Colton. I use it with Cam sometimes and he freaks out and obeys me, more out of pure fear than anything. Tell Kent I said what's up with the 'Stang?

::lindsay said...

Found your blog through Alicia's post so I came to check it out. You are so funny. I've done that too--I kinda do think things are funnier in the written word because I'll tell the same story to someone and they'll just look at me and then I'll say, "Well, I guess you had to be there."

We used to be in the same ward, by the way. I always thought you had the cutest little boy.

Kate said...

Hey there! I am glad to see you are doing well :)
I am still getting used to the whole blogging world and what to type and not. I have already deleted a few posts after I realized it probubly wasnt the best post ever...oh well :)
Glad to see you in the "blogging world!"

meohmyers said...

Can't wait to get to know you better through blogging! Your posts crack me up. I love that you've got that blogging bug. I'm always thinking of things to blog about, do I have a picture to go with it... So funny.

You must have been buying those laffy taffys as bribes for Aubrey the other day at SunMart! We were getting movie candy. Next time I'll say hi, I promise!