Monday, April 28, 2008

For the Love!

For the love of everything clean and pure! Aubrey leave your diaper on!! She totally just walked in to the family room, Naked as a Jay Bird with her pink sunglasses on and her fingers covered in lipstick. I don't know what I am gonna do with this kid. She is a streaker in the making. This morning she came waddling in the kitchen with both of her legs through one leg hole of Colton's underwear. I of course instructed her to go get her diaper. When she turned around to walk away, you could see her little cheeks right through the other leg hole. At least that time was entertaining. But holy cow, by the end of the day, I saw more backside than I cared to. Tonight when I was making dinner, she stripped, and ran outside to the front yard where Kent was mowing the lawn. I don't think he found it humorous. Seriously, all day this girl was either ripping off her diaper or getting into my purse, or lucky me, both.

After I gave her and Colton a bath tonight, I put her jammies on and we went in to Colton's room to get him dressed next. She got a pair of his underwear for him and held them down and open between her two hands, just like I do, to help him put them on. It was so funny. At least I know she understands the concept of clothing.

It was nice to see them cooperating, after the day they had together. I am in disbelief at how much they have started hitting each other. The sad part is, it usually starts with Aubrey. As soon as I begin, some would say raising my voice, I would say instructing them with a firm, clear voice, to stop hitting each other and use their words, they immediately start spitting at each other. Every. Single. Time.

But at the end of the day, I know I am blessed that these are some of the biggest obstacles I have to overcome. And I must say thank you to all who donate their time in the form of adult conversation. With out you, I would be clinically insane.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I do believe that blogging will be your survival Rach...
back in the day we young mothers use to walk across the street to get a shot of "I can survive this" from our girlfriend/mother gone crazy friend:) Now, in this modern age you girls all connect via blogspot to reassure each other you can survive these experiences...and find humor in what almost made you collapse in despair:) This outlet helps you turn what otherwise could be a mundane experience into an Erma Bombeck best seller everyday! I am so glad to be the mother of this best sellers life:)

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Like mother, like daughter, right Rach?

Alicia Leppert said...

My kids have been, er, challenging lately. (That's a nice way of putting it.) They are just horrible to each other and even worse to me! They argue constantly with me, talk back, blatantly ignore me, whine incessantly....I would trade that for a cute little pair of cheeks any day!

tharker said...

Do you think she's ready to start potty training yet? Or...maybe she just REALLY likes to be naked. I don't know ;)

Suzanne said...

Ok, I don't know what to say about your little streaker, but I love the new counters!! I stole one for my own page!!

The Donald said...

Lorelai had the problem of not keeping her pants on....and her diaper for that matter. Sometimes it would be nice if kids had just a little shame.

I used to think the ripping off diaper thing was cute...until she ripped something all over the floor in the kitchen. But hey, at least it was the kitchen.