Monday, April 14, 2008

For Negative Eyes Only

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

We all have our personal complaints about ourselves
(complaints below are not all necessarily mine)

  • I wish my teeth were straighter, whiter
  • I wish my legs weren't comparable to stumps
  • I wish I wasn't going bald
  • I wish I wasn't chubby
  • I wish I wasn't so hairy
  • I wish I looked like I did when I got married
So, here's the thing, I'm good with the complaints, I totally get it. My problem lies with the "Suggestions" or the "Help" people want to offer. And I just want to tell those people to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I don't want any help, I want to wallow in my misery of unhappiness, and this is why. I don't want to have to do anything different than I am now. I don't want to get 4 teeth pulled so I can get braces, I don't want to exercise, I don't want to count calories and eat nasty salad. I want to be how I used to be, I want to go back and appreciate my life before I had kids. That is just it. Nothing more, nothing less. I am lazy and want things to be how I want just because I want them that way. And for the record, all of you people with your "Suggestions" if people wanted your help they would ask. Most of us with these complaints are simply making statements, NOT asking questions. I hope no one was offended, but if you were, in the voice of Simon "Sorry, it's just my opinion" and it's my blog dang it!

11 comments:

Amy said...

You crack me up. And I think you're on crack. We are the Queens of Negativity! Yea for us!

Alicia Leppert said...

So, tell us how you really feel!

I feel this way so often, at least the part about hating things about myself but apparently not enough to change them because I never do. I love that I'm not the only one!

Alicia Leppert said...

P.S. So I didn't scare your word verification away?

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Well, now seems like a good time to tell you Rach, here's my list of things you need to change:
1...
2...
3...

tharker said...

I feel the same way about myself too. I want to look like I did when I was 21. I was HOT! But apparently you can't eat an endless array of cinnamon rolls and not exercise AND expect yourself to still look like your rockin' 21 year old self. Life sucks!

Just kidding! I loved this post!

Brenda said...

So funny! I feel the same way. Except I do try to do things to make it better in hopes that I may like to do them...someday...like exercise, but after 10 years I still do not like any of it! With all the work we do as mom's we deserve better with no strings attached!!!

Shayla said...

Rachael, I had to come out of hiding for this post. I completely relate. I feel this way ALL of the time. :-) I don't deal well with change, can't things just stay the same?

I don't think we've "officially" met yet, but I've seen you at church in passing. So, hi, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. Next time I see you at church I promise to introduce myself. :-)

Sarah said...

I found it surprising to hear you say you wished you were the same way you were before having kids. I have often thought that motherhood looked good on you. You're such a good mom! (Not that you didn't look dang good before!)

Karen said...

You should have been a transformer...wouldn't make it as a power ranger their suits are to tight and they jump around way to much for you...but your theme song as a transformer would be fitting...."more than meets the eye" ! Now when I look at you I will probably be thinking that too!!

Rachael said...

Alicia, I was totally gonna take the wv off, but then yesterday after Amy went home my cousin had a bad comment and Amy clicked on it(sucker) and had to scan her computer for viruses, so alas, I will just have to make my posts worth the effort

Mitch,
You are still the best, loved your list

Marilyn said...

Rachael, why in the world do you feel like a poser? We have all done our fair share of blog lurking. No worries. You are welcome anytime and I hope you visit often!

As for this post, sometimes we all need to rant and rave a little bit. It seems to help me, anyways.