Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another night of American Idol.  My favorite part?  Totally Will I Am.  I hope he is on it til the end.  Freakin hysterical.  I guess Scotty decided to fill in for Pia...I needed that mid-show nap.   On a more important tv note, I cannot wait to watch Will Ferrel on The Office tomorrow. 

There has been a new family development.  Amy hates Addy.  Just kidding, but holy cow, Addison caused all kinds of trouble at Amy's today.  It was one of those things, where in hindsight, as Amy was telling me the stories, I was laughing, but in the moment...well, kill me now.  She really is so difficult right now.  I don't understand why she can make almost every letter sound, literally, she says almost all of them with her Leap Frog Letter Factory movie, but she can't say anything.  I just want to shout at her "Talk All Ready!  For The Love!  And stop doing everything you are doing because it's all naughty!"

Yesterday I stooped to a very low mothering moment.  Colton was running his mouth like he always is, just saying something to bug Aubrey, for no reason, and I had had it.  I just said "Colton, shut-up"  As soon as it came out of my mouth I regretted it, then I rationalized at least I didn't yell it, and at least I didn't say it like 20 more times...cause I wanted to.  But seriously, I felt like a big piece of garbage.  It really just came out.  I just couldn't handle it anymore.  Stamp FAILURE on my forehead...

FYI-potato bread makes delicious french toast...

Picture....

A year ago, this little 'who me?' look was working for her...now, not so much...I've got her number....and all I want to do is give it back and pull another...

6 comments:

Dlovesocks said...

I hope you're impressed that I am the first person to comment on your post. I was about to tell you that you got the date wrong, but it's after midnight and it's tomorrow. You got that, right? Don't be too hard on yourself. Being a mom is hard work. Being a good mom is really hard and you're working really hard. (I'm trying to poetically say you're a good mom) Colton will forgive you. He's got a heart of gold. I forgot to tell you that Jen and Aubs collected treasure(rocks) by the river the other day and sold them to the neighbors for a $1 a piece. Those girls will go far!

Alicia Leppert said...

I have to say that Josh's precious Casey rocked the freaking house tonight. It helps that he shaved his beard even more and sang the song from Moulin Rouge that Ewan McGregor sings that I LOVE. Even when he busted out the jazz version and started almost scathing, I still loved it cause he was amazing. Every note was spot on. Ya happy Joshua? Secondly I have to say that I agree with the people saying the judges are all just too nice. Seriously, can you remember the last time we heard a "oh, honey, that just didn't work for me" or a "I just didn't get it." We lost Simon and gained three Paulas. Can you stop gushing for one freaking second and tell Haley I don't like to be growled at an entire song, and tell Paul he looks like he's having epileptic seizures on stage when he dances? And for the love of all thats holy, stop with the fingers portraying your number. It's already on the screen, in big print. And Ryan just said it, three times. And people aren't going to forget to vote for you if you don't spell your number out for us. In fact, Bill and I hate it so much, we vow to never vote for anyone who holds up their fingers. Oh, who'm I kidding, we don't vote. Oh, but if we did...

Got a little off topic there. Anyhoo, I can't believe you said the "sh" word to your son. (because that's what my kids call it.) And the "F" word (fart) and the "d" word (dumb) and the "b" word (butt) and the "h" word (hate). Yeah, we aim to prepare our kids to live in the real world. I think we're doing well.

WV: pomendir. The pirates pomendir the ship from the English sailors.

Alicia Leppert said...

Scatting, not scathing.

Lisa said...

steve and i LOVE will i am. we laugh pretty much at everything he says. i am so ready for scotty to go home. it will be nice when he's on the radio...so i don't have to look at him. that pic of addy...to.die.for. when did she change? you never realize how much they're growing up until you see a past picture. my heart breaks everytime i see a younger picture of my kids. so you finally broke huh? you said the "s" word. i literally think that it my head all day, every day. i'm sure it's bound to slip soon too. i'm guessing colton didn't even flinch. if he did...just tell him aubrey said it.

vw-inoirgi. let's just say, i'm surprised you haven't discussed this on your blog yet.

Mallary said...

I thought you were going to write about your favorite flavors! I was all excited to read them so I could start planning what to make next and you didn't even say anything. I am expecting different results tonight, just fyi. :)

Joshua said...

Rachael, don't pretend. We all know you tell your kids to shutup regularly! ;P And I hate to say this, but I've long been enjoying the deliciousness of potato bread — french toastified. I also found "Nature Boy" delicious the other night. The song was genius and the performance stellar. I would have loved it even more had he milked the song just a little more, but now I'm just being uber picky, but what's new, eh? I hate to say it, but Stephano rocked it with the Boyz-II-Men choice too.
And poor Paul. He just isn't doing it for me anymore. He seems to be getting worse, but I think it's because he's trying to be something he's not. Rockin' energetic songs aren't his thing. Dancing epileptically SOOO is, but anything that requires lungs to sing isn't. I liked him when he did Rod Stewart style stuff... all mellow and such. Oh well. And Jacob looked seriously down in the dumps. He's got good vocals, but I don't care for the style. And holy cow you nailed it #13 (thats n-u-m-b-e-r-1-3) on the Ryan comments! (again thats n-u-m-b-e-r-1-3).

WV–Lessest: I like Scotty the lessest.