I had a great day today. The sun was shining, I spent time with family and I took a few minutes to recognize how blessed I am. I have a husband that forgave me for yelling at him in front of my grandma, and that called me 3 times today because he couldn't be at Colton's game. And I have two pretty incredible sisters. Last night Lisa did pretty much all of my Easter shopping for me. And her 4 kids. That's 7 kids with 7 diffent loads of Easter crap, and it was like 10 o' clock at night. I can't say I would do the same. My stress level would have been through the roof. But my life was insanely better today because she took the time to help me. Then today, Amy met me at Walmart to walk around with me and carry my stuff, and helped me decide what to get, and made sure I was good. I could almost cry if I realy went in to how much those 2 gestures meant to me. It's like we're sister wives or something...
So, my day started out at Colton's game. And I have to say, I pretty much rocked getting me and the kids ready and to Colton's game early. Here's the blessing I noticed during Colton's game today...so much of my family lives right here by me. I could call my dad this morning and ask him where field 3 was, and he could tell me. Lisa and the boys walked by after Trenton's tball game, on the way to Easton's game....even though Kent wasn't there, his dad was and Ryan and Stephanie and Maverick and Denice. And then my dad showed up with Trenton and Tyson, and I had a really great time. AND Colton got his first hit! I was so proud...and even though I am sure there was cup adjusting, I didn't even notice! He played second base mostly, and then catcher for an inning, and pitcher for a few batters at the end. Oh, and the sun was shining on my face....
After Colton's game we headed over to my grandma's for a visit...and since I had my camera....
Taking pictures of my grandpa's flowers...well, I still miss him a lot....
Maybe this is why tulips are my favorite flower...
Then I snapped some pics of my grandma with the kids and the kids playing in her yard...I can't even count the hours I spent playing in that yard as a kid. It was so nice, and humbling to watch my kids playing in their yard today...and yes, the sun was still shining...
When Lani walked around the corner you couldn't help but smile....that picture of Colton is the face he made when he tasted the coconut he put on his cookie....and when Denice tried to help Addy in the egg hunt, Addy threw the egg she gave her....she's the sweetest...


6 comments:
Fantastical post. Sister wives are the best. I still feel indebted to you for making most of the desserts at Spencer's party!
So, Spencer was looking at the pictures of Colton playing baseball and said, "Those cups they have to wear are pretty hard. Colton let me...(giggling and looking at me to gauge my reaction) and Jared touch it. (More laughter, from both of us) They're really hard to protect you from getting hit with the baseball." I love that he was worried and amused at the same time. Classic. You may need to tell Colton that if he's going to continue to introduce innocent kids to the world of protective sports gear he should at least make them give him a quarter or something.
WV- Whinlipy- Whin lipy, my kids get punched.
I love the pictures....it's great you girls can do that for those of us who can't be at all games because we are spread out from Richland to Pasco with games now. Watching Graycie today was fun...and she did a good job too for her first soft ball game. Being at a field at 7:30am is ridiculous! Love the pictures at Gr. Landoni's...brings back a million memories for me too of when I was sitting there watching you kids play...and BJ:) It was a good day cuz the sun was shining...hope it continues today:) Happy Easter everyone!!
Looks like I need to sign out of my account at mom's!
Isn't it amazing how great pictures can camoflaghe?? the geto-ness of the activities. I was completely brain dead. Thanks for all you did to help. I LOVE the photos from Colton's game and also the beautiful tulip pictures. I would love to frame them and hang them on my wall. But you know I'd have to have you and Lisa and Amy come do it for me....again.
I love that you had a great day. I love the pictures of the tulips. Thanks for reminding me that it doesn't all suck all the time. I seem to be in "that place" a lot lately. ;) My favorite picture: Aubrey with her head in her arms throwing a tantrum. Such a typical picture from ANY of our events and my girls.
I tell Jenny all the time, I would so sign up to be a Sister Wife if it just didn't include the "sharing our husband" bit. Why do they have to ruin a good thing by throwing in creepiness, men, and sex? Yeah, I did just say that on your blog. ;)
Wow. Thats a ton of pics.
PS: Tech tip for Amy. Sign out of all other logged in sessions of your google account by going to gmail.com, scroll to the very bottom where it says "Last account activity...Details". Click details, then click "sign out all other sessions", and BOOM, you just prevented your mom from commenting using your account without having to drive over to her house and sign out on her computer. You can thank me later.
Post a Comment