Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The craziest thing almost just happened.  I almost went to bed without blogging.  I have been doing this for almost   3 1/2 months, and I forgot.  My memory has been total crap lately.  I keep having vague memories about things I have done, or things I have moved around, but can't nail anything down...Like I'll be in the shower, and I'll realize I have no idea if I washed my face or not..usually I have, if I think about it hard enough, I can figure it out, but not because I have any recollection, just because I used clues, like there is more make-up on the towel than on my face....

So I went to get Colton up today, and he would not wake up for anything...the only response I got out of him was a half cry, and a 'my legs hurt' and then he was passed out again.  So I left him alone, and he slept until 11:20.  He was asleep for like 14 hours.  I was jealous first, and concerned second.  And then, for about the first hour or so he was awake, he limped around like an old man.  I think this virus thing he got last week is not quite gone yet....so we skipped the first baseball game, which devastated him for about 10 minutes. 

My whole family minus a few kids went out to dinner with my grandma to Famous Dave's tonight.  My favorite part, the part that made the whole experience worth it...me and the kids were there with my grandma for a few minutes before everyone else got there, and Aubrey went right over to grandma and gave her a hug and sat on her lap...be still my heart...She is such a sweet girl...

Colton had a pretty sweet moment too...I was pretty exhausted this afternoon, so I had the kids turn on a movie and I laid down on the couch...Colton came over and sat by me, he tousled my hair and gave me a kiss on the side of my face...just like I do to them when they don't feel so good...it warmed me up like a hot cup of cocoa...all cozy inside...and just as I dozed off, I awoke to the smell of...ranch dressing?  I forced myself to open my eyes, and there was Addy the Ranch Monster...her face and arms were covered in it...and the counter...and the chair...and her dress...good thing it was just the dress she wore the day before, and then slept in, and then wore all day today too...

Alicia was a great friend today.  She babysat Addy so I could go to dinner and actually enjoy it.  Typically I have anxiety about leaving Addy without Colton or Aubrey, but I was motivated by dinner and family, so I made a giant step, took her off the metaphorical teet and...she was totally fine.  When we got home Colton and I walked over to pick her up, and as I was coming down the sidewalk I could see her little head...mostly her static-y  hair, pop up over the fence and then disappear, and then UP...and Down...I could keep doing that, or just state the obvious, she was jumping on the trampoline with Macy, having the most fun...

I hope any of this made sense, it's been a long day.

Picture....

Just for you Josh...I hope your jealousy runs deep...so deep you can swim in it...like the ocean...maybe ride the wave of jealously to shore so to speak...



3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Your last paragraph was freaking awesome, the one aimed at Josh. You seriously impress me sometimes with your play on words and your metaphors. You might be more skilled at writing in that area than me. Maybe you should finish my book for me. Then I can get rid of the ulcer developing in my stomach over how the blasted thing should end. Never write a book. Just in case you were thinking about it.

I'm still pleased as punch that Addy was totally fine at my house. And I have a kitchen floor covered in glitter as a reminder of our fun times together. I love that she trusts us and is comfortable with us. It gives me the warm fuzzies. I think the best part was when she wanted me to hold her but I had to finish dinner so I plopped her on the counter beside me and she immediately snatched up one of the apples I was gonna cut up and tried biting into it...for like five minutes. I was mean and just watched her little teeth keep slipping over the skin before finally taking pity on her and cutting a little wedge into the skin to help her along. She happily took that one bite and set it down, all done.

Wow, I just left a really long comment. Weird.

Mallary said...

Aubrey really is the sweetest. I loved that she came and gave me a hug at Sophie's party. I also loved when she flat ironed my hair.

I'll totally bring you cupcakes tomorrow if you let me borrow your copy of Winter Garden. Deal?

WV improut-- Improut of you for not forgetting to blog today.

Joshua said...

So, I was trying to stick to my guns and not read your blog...I failed. At first, I even thought I'll just look at the pictures, I mean, that's how I read most things anyway. Well, now I'm soaking wet and I'm not sure if it's from deep-jealouSEA-diving or from crying.

Alicia writes books? Weird.