So I am still mad hot crazy stressing out about Aubrey's party this Friday. I am trying to rein it all in, but when you are person who can't make decisions, it's kinda challenging. Thankfully I have sisters and friends who offer their services. I'm sure it will come together, but for now I am stomach aching over it.
So, Colton's second game was today. Defensively the kid is doing great, when the ball is hit to him, he knows where to throw it, and makes his decision quickly. At bat...well, at least he doesn't go down looking...he asked me tonight when Steve could give him some lessons, and a meaner mom would have said, not soon enough. But the best part, the part that makes me grin from ear to ear, is watching him head back to the dugout after he strikes out, and he is totally smiling....every time. He is purely having fun out there, and I think that is awesome. The not so awesome part? Watching him adjust his cup for a whole inning. It went something like this....'knock knock knock, tug, knock, yank, shift, knock, pull, knock knock, yank, knock, tug tug, knock, shift, pull...' you get the picture. I was dying. I wished so bad there was a way I could communicate with him, beg him if I had to, to keep his freakin' hands OFF HIS CUP! For the love of everything that is good in this world, leave your crotch alone! When he wasn't doing all that, he is continuously hitting his hips. Seriously, the entire game he punched the sides of his hips...that drove me nuts too, bad choice of words, that bugged me too, but at least it wasn't his cup....having said all that, he was one of the only kids who didn't lay on the field and screw around. He kept his head in the game and he hustled. When he was playing center field he even ran over to right field and threw the ball in to the infield while the other kid seemed oblivious. So at the end of the day, I am still a proud mama...
On the car ride home, Aubrey was eating some sunflower seeds, and in a total 'huh...' tone of voice I heard her say "I almost made it out the window." I can only imagine all the shells in the back seat...I probably won't notice them though, what with all the toys and coats and crap already back there...
I am so on board with a WV club. I think we should name it Just Sayin'. Since one of us is almost always 'just sayin' ' something.....
Addy woke me up today at 6:30, so I gots to goes to bed(insert accent)...
Pictures.....
Aubs and Graycie had fun playing with beads on her birthday.....
This adorable outfit was from Denice for Addy's birthday...I am confident when I say I had the two cutest kids at church on Sunday....
4 comments:
Holy crapola, what is up with boys and their cups??? Do they expect an answer when they knock?!!! Easton used to do that and I just wanted to scream at him, "NoBODIES there!!!!" oy...I would imagine a few adjustments is called for, but an entire game of it is just too much.
WV- hedistio (if 3 year old Trenton were to play Alicia in a movie) "my hedistio feelingk weally weally bayad"
Ha ha! Love it, Lisa. And the credits would say: Daleesha played by Trenton. Awesome.
I'd offer to help with Aubrey's party, but, you know, I have a book to finish. Here's how I can help relieve your stress. By reminding you it could be worse. You could have HALF A BOOK TO WRITE IN FOUR WEEKS!!!! Feel better? You should.
Knock knock. Who's there? Colton's crotch.
WV: altrata. Altrata wrat half a book in far weeks but it ganna be hard.
I don't know if it's her dress or the fact that she just had a birthday, but all of a sudden, she really does look a year older.
Are you really writing a book, #13?
WV: Counde: I counde said it better myself girls!
Oh my holy heck! I am still laughing thinking of colton knocking on his cup while you're dying inside! So funny! The girls look adorable in their dresses! I'm sad that I'm not in your ward so I could see them in church.
Post a Comment