Monday, April 18, 2011

Aubrey is 5!

The day started out early with Aubrey and Graycie waking me up to see if the presents on the counter could be opened.  By the third time they asked in a span of about 15 minutes we finally peeled ourselves out of bed and came down stairs.  At first I thought I would just let her open a few presents, but once she had a taste, there was no going back.  The first present she opened was 2 new church dresses...look closely at her face in the first one...that expression is called less than thrilled.  She said it looked like a clown dress. 

this one was more her style...black, white, and blue...all her favorite colors...

She also got Aladdin and Jasmine barbies...I managed to get Jasmine out before Graycie had Aladdin de-packaged, no pun intended, and when I was throwing the garbage away, I heard Aubrey say, in the most high pitched voice you could imagine, cause that's what Jasmine sounds like apparently..."are you almost out Aladdin?"  I don't know why, but it cracked me up...

Her and Graycie played until it was time for church, and then after church we went over to my mom's to eat and collect on the birthday goods over there.  I thought the tea cup piggies would be the biggest hit, and they were, but when I saw her sleeping on her mini pillow pet...close competition between the two...she looked so cute with her giant head of hair sleeping on this little lady bug pillow...

Since it's her birthday, I figured a list was in order, like I always do...themed with a things I love kinda thing...

I Love...

* her dimples

* going shopping with just her and I

* to watch her play

* that she is so sad when it's not her turn to say the prayer

*that she still plays with my hair

*that's it's fun to imitate her voice

*what a great sister she is

*that when I ask her to do something she always reminds me to say please

*to see her facial expressions

*the way she answers the phone, and how she walks around when she is talking to someone

*when she helps me in the kitchen

*when she wants to give me and Kent a hug goodnight, she wants us to scoot really close together so she can come running and hug us both at the same time....unless I mad at Kent....

*hearing her sing primary songs

*that she always wants to be with me and give me a kiss if she knows I am sad

*how much she loves her grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles

*how she starts almost everything thing with 'um' and ends almost everything with 'right?'


I love so many, many things about my Pop-a-doodles.  There isn't a post long enough for me to say it all....I can't believe she is 5....

Pictures...

Aubs on her 5th birthday in her new dress....


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! She looks so grown up in that dress. Can't believe she's 5 already!

Mallary said...

She is so adorable! If you need any help with the puppy party, I'm your girl!

WV: redoni. Definition- A sunburned Landoni.

Alicia Leppert said...

I feel so lame that I totally forgot yesterday was her birthday, even after you said you went home to finish the cupcakes! Happy Birthday Aubrey! She looks so adorable in her new dress.
P.S. I like the clown dress.