Friday, April 29, 2011

I love it....I love it not...

I had the chance to hold a sweet, adorable, sleeping baby today....I love it...

I don't have a sweet, adorable, baby....I love it not...

When I see a really good movie preview....I love it...


When a really good movie preview is rated R....I love it not

I ripped out all of the grass for my new and improved  flowerbed....I love it....

My muscles are achy, and sore, and still with out any real shape or strength...I love it not...

I will be watching Colton play baseball tomorrow....I love it....

It's almost always cold at a baseball game...I love it not...

The sun has been out a little...I love it...

The wind won't stop blowing....I love it not...

I got to see some of my favorite cousins today...I love it...

I saw them at a funeral....I love it not....

Chocolate, and candy, and cake, and fruit, and fountain soda....I love it...

Calories and food labels.... I love it not....

A good book....I love it...


Paying for a book...I love it not...

Picture....

Today I went to the funeral of my cousins' grandma.  One of their cousins talked about not knowing his grandpa, but from what he knows of him, he believed that he would have been a different person if he had been alive.  I know I was a different person because of my grandparents.  I remember thinking if I messed up, it would be way worse to have to tell my grandpa what I had done than to tell my parents.  I knew I never wanted to embarrass my grandparents, or disappoint them...My life was blessed by the grandparents I was given, and I am so grateful...... When I was a kid I used to spin around on that stop sign on the corner.  I have so many good memories at this address, and I will forever be better because of them...

3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

What good book are you reading?

I've always been so envious of your closeness to your grandparents (family in general). I was never really close with mine. The ones that lived here had 50 other grandkids here that they had to spread the love between, and the other ones lived far away. I'm glad you appreciate how close you were/are with them.

Karen said...

That was a cool tribute to our parents, your grandparents. You guys were very lucky to have the time you were given to spend with them. That stuck out to me alot as well when Matt Kessie said that. My thoughts were immediate to the fact that my children were lucky to have been old enough to remember my dad before his passing...and you had alot of great years with Grandma Goude and Grandpa Landoni. Make sure you spend your time well with Grandma Landoni since she is the last one standing so to speak.

Shayla said...

Yeah, I never knew my grandparents very well, either. We always lived too far away to see them often. It makes me want my kids to be near their grandparents as much as possible. NEVER pay for a book. Use the library... Email me and ask me if I have a digital copy of it... I just might. I hate paying for books, too.