Sunday, April 24, 2011

Colton woke me up at 7:20 to tell me what the Easter Bunny brought him...the best part was when he saw he had a Justin Beiber booklet and he said "I wonder how the Easter Bunny knew I liked Justin Beiber?"  Aubs loved her stuff, and when we showed Addy her basket, she stomped into the kitchen, folded her arms, and frowned at us.  Repeatedly.  And then the kids showed her the Max and Ruby dvd from in her basket and her icy heart melted.

Maverick spent the night here and after the baskets had been gone through, Colton took him into the dining room to adopt his puppy.  He didn't get into town until after the party on Friday....but Colton did a stellar job reenacting the whole experience for him...I could hear him asking him if he would take care of it, and love it, basically the speech Lisa made up while working with me in the adoption center.  It was pretty freakin cute.  Then the kids called me into the dining room, and Colton and Aubrey had climbed into the dog crate and Mav locked them in.  It was not was I was expecting, but in a hilarious kind of way...

We had an egg hunt at my moms house, and then lunch followed by a very nice afternoon outside.  All my pictures are pretty much crap, so I hope everyone took some mental pictures to remember it by...or they could just look at Lisa's.....

Picture......

That orange line in the grass is a boundary line for the egg hunt.  My mom divides her yard up into 4 sections for the 4 age groups.  Addy had more fun running back and forth on the line than hunting for eggs.  In fact I'm pretty Amy did most of  the hunting for her...


Hopefully tomorrow I can get my house at least a little bit back in order... I was gonna say something else, but I forgot what it was....

2 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

"...her icy heart melted." Love it. And her arms up in the air as she's running on the orange line like she just crossed the finish line for the gold at the Olympics is awesome.

Shayla said...

Oh my gosh, I love "...her icy heart melted." just like Alicia says. Awesome. And seriously, after taking 548 pictures the other day, I think you can have a crappy picture taking day once in awhile. Yeesh. I don't think I've taken 548 pictures in an entire year. I'm going to mommy mormon hell.