Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aubrey's Puppy Party

Aubs had been asking for a puppy party, pretty much since her birthday party was over last year.  I had no idea what to do, and then my freakin awesome friend Shayla told me about her two puppy parties she had last year, so I stole some of her ideas...add Aubrey's ideas and mine, and I think we had a pretty rockin party.

First and foremost, the adoption center itself...

There were balloons galore, Amy helped me make the "Aubrey's Adoption Center"sign, and the banner across the front of the table.  Jason did me a solid and took 5 minutes to draw me a couple dog silhouettes...I borrowed the dog crate from Stacia, and I have to say, seeing the little dogs in the cage was cute and sad all at the same time..


Over in the corner I had the cute flower arrangement Amy made for me and the Canine Crunchies...Amy helped me make the labels as well.  And by help I mean she pretty much made them..I would just say..'uh, maybe move the picture to the other side', stuff like that...and then the little polka dot bags had a glow bracelet, a dog pin, a piece of candy, and a polka dot party blower...they were missing the dog tattoos Aubs and I bought...and then lost...all 72 of them... 

So when the kids first got here, they came into the adoption center, picked out a dog, and filled out their adoption certificate, complete with a dog print stamp...Lisa started giving them all a little talk about what it meant to adopt a dog and all the responsibilities of owning a pet...I just copied what she said...it was a very nice touch, I have to say...




Then they moved on to the living room to make their dogs a collar...

After that, they were free to play in the dog house, color, or go outside...Kimmie and Jason helped me make the dog house...and then Addy painted over some of it...I fixed most of it, but if you look closely you can see some extra white paint at the end of Penny's name...

While the kids played the adults snacked on veggies, chips and salsa, and BEANS...and then the kids did too...

A little while later Aubrey was ready to play Pin-the-Tail-on -the-Puppy.  It was the one request she had for the party.  It was so hard to call all of the kids inside to play a game.  Because that meant all of the kids were inside...notice how Addy colored on the dog Lisa made for the game...a few hours before the party started...




Then of course we had cake...Mallary made the super cute cake, and her and I both made cupcakes...and the adorable cupcake toppers were made once again, by Shayla...




And what party would be complete without presents...these were pretty much the only decent ones...present pictures are the most impossible pictures ever....

So if you notice, there wasn't one aspect of this party that someone didn't help me with...except clean up. I pretty much conquered that beast by myself...so basically I am in debt to a lot of people...

This party was put on by Sanders Productions. We would like to take this time to give a special Thank You to all those that contributed their time, skills, stuff, and patience...also, thank you Dollar Tree and Michael at Kinkos

And done.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am a pretty big fan of Michael's at Kinko's. Or rather Fed Ex Office. Gotta love a guy who doesn't make you provide proof for an employee discount. Everything was super cute and I'm jealous that you've posted about all three of your parties and I have yet to document Spencer's. The party was great, I loved how much my kids talked about it on the way home. And how they still get excited when they run across a puppy with the adorable hand-made collars. Ad how I had to hide the adoption certificates deep in the garbage after Sophie fished them out the first time.

I'm so glad that Birthday Party Season is over, though I do find myself bored occasionally.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my goodness. I wouldn't have guessed it about a dog party, but this might be my favorite one so far. The details are what make it. Sad I didn't get to help. My favorite part, though, was BEANS.

Mallary said...

The party was super. Super cute. Super fun. Super bean-y.

Will you send me some pics of the cake/cupcakes so I can post them on my blog too?

Just fyi. I think you made black, grey and pink my new favorite color combination.

Shayla said...

LOVE everything. It all turned out so great. Even the Addy-colored-on-version of the poster. ;) That dog house you guys built takes the cake. My kids would never want to get out of there and then they'd want us to build them a city of houses like that all over our house. You should totally post pictures and ideas of your birthday parties on those idea sites for people. How fun that you found black and white polka dotted cupcake papers? Mmmm...those cupcakes look yummy. Did I catch up on my comments yet? ;) I need to go to bed. Tomorrow morning's tiredness is all on you, Rach. Peace out.