Monday, April 25, 2011

I have felt like garbage all day.  And the reason I have felt like garbage?  Addison.  I know it sounds harsh, but holy crap, girl had me up all freakin night...she even woke up Colton for awhile.  At one point, or maybe 2 or 3, I found myself feeling so mad.  Like, how could she do this?  What is the matter with her?  Why is she trying to ruin my life?  Why does she hate me?  For the love just stop crying and close your freaking eyes and go to sleep.  Needless to say I woke up with an insane headache and that lingering garbagie feeling all day.  Boo.

This afternoon was spent freezing my arse off at Colton's baseball game.  He had another hit, and I was cheering like crazy.  And then his next at bat, he got hit.  Right in the helmet.  He did awesome though, ran to first base with a smile on his face.  A few other kids got hit, but I think I felt the worst for the kid on his team playing catcher that got taken out by the batter when he hit him taking a swing at a pitch.  That poor little catcher dropped like a sack of potatoes. 

Man, I have Addy hangover.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed she sleeps through the night.

Picture....

This is my dads work truck.  It's obviously not the one he had when I was little, but when I look at it, I think of how much I played on his truck as a kid.  It also makes me think of how I scanned the streets for it in high school praying I wouldn't see it, becaause if I could see it, he could see me....skipping class...walking with a boy...being somewhere other than where I said I would be...

3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Been there, done that (scanning for parent's cars). Good times, good times.

Sorry about your Addison hangover. Next time she's up all night, just bring her over here so you can get some sleep. Yeah right, then I'd hit you in the face with a baseball bat.

Sometimes I really don't have anything to say, but I comment anyway cause I want you to get comments, and know that I'm reading, but then I think how annoying I must sound, especially to all your other readers who are smart enough to not comment when they have nothing to say.

WV: aummild. Aummild sedative is what you should slip into Addison's sippy cup (bottle?) tonight.

Shayla said...

Glad to know I wasn't the only wayward teenager scanning for parents cars as I broke many, many rules... Oh, for the love, we all have it coming to us hard when our kiddos hit the teen years, huh? ;)

Sorry about being up all night with a cranky kid. That's the pits. You weren't the only one SO MAD at your kids today, though. Yeah, I was having a pity party for myself after I was a crap-hole mom this morning. Sigh. Hope you get some more sleep tonight.

WV: vendedoo. Vendedoo want to escape those kiddos and go out with the girls? You going to the movies on Tuesday? :)

Joshua said...

Echo Alicia's comment on comments.