Colton is officially 7. Craziness. We started his April Fools Day birthday with the jello juice trick, and it was perfect. He thought it was pretty funny and threatened me for next year. Then, I brought ice cream cups and McDonalds to school and we ate lunch together. I had such a great time, he told me one of the kids asked him if he was bringing cupcakes, and he answered "No. Better." After lunch I rushed to Walmart, grabbed cupcake supplies and a few presents. As soon as I got home it was on to blowing up 50 balloons and hanging them from the ceiling. I made Kent help with this part, I could only blow so many, and when it comes to the hanging of the balloons, I have to move a chair all around the room, and he can just stand there and reach...a fact I learned way too late a few years back. After that, wrapping presents and baking. Before I knew it, he was home form school. It was funny this year, I could tell he liked everything, but he was a little bit awkward about it...he just kept making funny faces, and talking a lot...it was kind of like it was the first time, he recognized all of the hoopla was about him, I totally get it, it's that thing that you feel when you appreciate and love what someone has done for you, but you don't really know how to convey it. I have always hated opening presents in front of other people for just that reason...
Anyway, when he opened his all his presesnts, he said "oh, yeah, one more present...dad is gonna play Mario with me" I thought it was pretty awesome that he thought of that as a present. Sweet boy. He started playing around 4, and with a few exceptions of taking turns, he played the Wii until 11:30 tonight. He wanted to have his boy cousins over, which pretty much turned into a mini party in itself. I'm already tired and get to do this all over again in a few days. Exhaustion does not take away from the fact that I know he had a great birthday. He looks so cute tonight in his new basketball pjs.
Here is a few things about Colton, the 7 year old....
*he is a champion eye roller
*he is always right
*he is becoming an excellent reader
*he loves snowboarding, basketball, and wrestling with anyone who will wrestle him
*he has only lost 2 bottom teeth, and the top left is loose
*his current favorite expression is "I schooled you"
*he cracks me up, and drives me nuts
*he can take a joke
*he is almost always annoyed with Aubs, but is awesome with Addy...every once in awhile, they all 3 click and have a great time together...usually around 8pm, when they should be in bed
*he says thoughful prayers, when he's not rushing
*he reminds me of a mini Kent, his collars have to be adjusted, he takes care of his basketball shoes, he loves video games, and pretty much takes interest in whatever his dad does...
There are so many other things, but I cannot even say how much trouble I am having focusing, I am exhausted.
I love my boy from the bottom of my heart. He drives me crazy the way only someone who you love so much can. I want to be a good mom for him, I want to teach him to have fun, and be kind, and be grateful, and to have self control. I want him to go through life knowing if nothing else, I love him with all I have.
Pictures...
From this....
to this....in 7 years, to the date....
or this...
or this....he has the official Sanders curse, his eyes are almost always closed...
Looking through my pictures, I am so disappointed. I pretty much have none of him looking at me, and why do they keep turning out so grainy?!! For the love! Why don't we have a camera repair place here? Stupid Tri-Cities. I just want to have my camera looked at...is that so much to ask?
if i take pics of him tomorrow, does that still count as 'colton turning 7'? I know it's weird, but I wish I had a great pic of all my kids on their actual birthday. I am weird about stuff like that, but who cares, because I don't actually have those picture perfect pictures...

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Colton!! I can't believe you are 7! Hope you had a GREAT birthday!
Great post. Sounds like a perfect birthday. And I am exactly the same way when it comes to reacting to something amazing that someone has done for you. All I can think about is what they're thinking of my reaction, not how much I actually love what they did.
Happy Birthday Colton!
Post a Comment