Friday, April 15, 2011

First and foremost, Mallary, I totally forgot last night when I was posting to give you some flavor options.  Strawberry Shortcake is my favorite dessert, so I think if you could marry a cupcake and strawberry shortcake it would be perfection, or gross...and I have been in need of a yummy chocolate frosting recipe, and also homemade donuts....just to name a few....I remember my mom telling me that grandma used to make the best maple frosting for donuts when they lived on the farm...

Tonight I had the best time at my book club.  Talking about the book was all fine and dandy, always interesting to hear what other people have to say, but it was the other stuff we talked about that was so refreshing and even inspiring...except for the part where Alicia and I had to discuss AGAIN why Colton has no feelings, and Payson has enough for the both of them....Seriously, I think the best part about spending time with these women, is hearing their stories, all of our situations are different, but there is something to glean from everyone of them.  I hope I can be open to who my children are and be a support in their lives like some of the stories I heard motivated me to be....not to mention, I laughed so much, and that felt so good...I haven't laughed like that without some else getting hurt in I don't even know how long....

Sorry Paul, I will shed a pretend tear that you are gone.  I want to rip my hair out knowing I have at least 1 more week with Jacob Lusk and his giant mouth....Haley and Casey knocked the jazz ball right out of the park...that was a really stupid way to say they did awesome...

It's a quarter to 2, I have to go to bed...Here's to hoping Addy doesn't wake me up the same way she did today...shoving her blanket in my face, standing there totally naked...


Picture.......

So I pretty much just picked this picture because it was the first one I saw in the file blogger opened with, and I am tired and I can't not put a picture on here...it's tradition...and it's apparently how Josh reads...

5 comments:

Joshua said...

Thanks for the pic, it was great. Can't say much for the rest of the post, I didn't read it. Keep up the awesome posts. Your dedication is an inspiration.

WV: Sychi: I'm so tired of my kids being sychi all the time.

Amy said...

OOOOHHHHH MMMMMYYYYY GGOOOOSSSHHHH!
I just typed out the longest comment ever and it said it couldn't fulfill my request and now it's gone....AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel like Charlie Brown all the times he tried to kick the football.

Joshua said...

@Amy, I know It's too late now, but blogger is pretty good at remembering what you typed in the comments if you go back after a submittal error. I know there isn't a back button because the comments usually are in a pop-up window, but you can right click and choose "back". Just sayin' for future fun.

Alicia Leppert said...

Hmm...that's funny, Joshua. You didn't offer up this super helpful information a few weeks back when the exact same thing happened to me. Maybe it was before we were jury friends. Either way, it doesn't help me anyway since I can't right click on my phone.

So, Rach, I think it's been awhile since I told you how hilarious and clever I think you are in your posts so I'm overdue, which is perfect timing since this post was full of your witty little comments. Like, my fave, "Alicia and I had to discuss AGAIN why Colton has no feelings, and Payson has enough for the both of them". Could you have worded it more perfect or hilarious?? I love it. And, "it's tradition...and it's apparently how Josh reads..." Seriously, I want to make a book of your funny quotes.

Okay, enough gushing. I'm glad Paul's gone too. Did you know he's dating Rosalie from Twilight? They met at the Red Riding Hood premiere, remember, when the top 12 or whatever went to it? It showed them meeting on A.I. Now they're together. Just a little People.com tidbit for you.

Mallary, I need a good chocolate frosting recipe, too. In case you were handing them out.

WV: grathe. It's so grathe that even though our son's are best frenemies, we're not. Frenemies. Just friends. Aw, tear.

Joshua said...

I agree with #13 on all your cleverness and wit Rach. Those were some of my most favorite lines as well. I was watching Dirty Jobs with the Bug, (she loves that show), and we were watching that episode I saw at your house with that crazy funny lady in the bird cleaning/stuffing/pillow industry, where everything she said was so freakin' hilarious that Mike said everything she said deserved to be on a T-shirt, and throughout the rest of the show he would randomly just shout "T-Shirt" after a good comment. I do that when I'm reading your blog. "T-Shirt!" If it doesn't ever make it to book format, I think T-Shirts would suffice as well.

WV: Nonscess: I'm sorry if what I type sometimes is nonscess. It all makescess to me.